Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I think its going to be installed at thier accessory plant AFTER its built. They will undoubtedly do a better job than the shade tree mechanics at the dealer but not during assembly. That was what i got out of a story we had on here in......oct-nov...?

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bickle
Member #

Per my dealer here in Denver (Phil Long Ford) those are dealer installed accessories and are ordered later down the road. Which I think for the winches could be a good thing going to synthetic possible for the same money that Ford was charging
Oh-oh. This is beginning to sound like a new house! “The house come with formica counters and no backsplash, but for $x dollars...”, to be repeated every week until the bank account was dry.... LOL

Bschurr

Rank V

Don't delete

Jan 28, 2021
NY, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Schurr
Can someone confirm that the Badlands bumpers are already winch “ready”?

I am OK with doing the install myself but not OK with having to buy a new bumper.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Can someone confirm that the Badlands bumpers are already winch “ready”?

I am OK with doing the install myself but not OK with having to buy a new bumper.
The Badlands trim comes standard with the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper which can be configured to accept the winch with solution combo offered in the accessories list. I would think the AM will come out with something similar as well.

You can see where it inserts into the bumper, should be an easy install just would need to wire up to one of the aux switches.
1612101121743.png

Last edited:

Lester10-3

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

That mount (solution) looks good. Thanks for the reference to the relay kit. I always just hard direct wired the winch to the battery & hoped it never shorted or had a solenoid stick on. Good protection as well as in cab control,

BDL

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 5, 2021
3411 Limestone Drive Whitehall PA 18052
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Lenich
My dealer was also unable to add the Warn Zeon 10 winch, which is listed as a $2,500 available accessory in the Ford build and price website. I agree with the others that synthetic rope is the way to go for a number of reason and would prefer the Zeon 10-S winch which comes with 100 feet of 3/8 inch Spydura synthetic rope. Unfortunately it does not appear that the dealer has the ability to add the Warn winch, Pod Lights, or the Off-Road Underbody Rock Light Kit into the WEBDO Ford dealer ordering system. If anyone has success adding any of these options to their dealer order please let me know.

Reactions: wmneill

Lester10-3

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

I have already accepted the idea that these will be dealer installed items. Just hope the parts department can get them. You know "back ordered" with no idea when they may come in.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Ordered my BANDLANDS this week and got the same thing from my dealer they couldn't add the winch, plus he couldn't verify if it was going to be synthetic or steel. ones that have been seen have synthetic but it says on build steel. but for that price it should be synthetic
That just means it’s steel

Lester10-3

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

Previous advice had been to always have a pair of cable cutters handy in the event a solenoid stuck or cable shorted. I was too lax about remembering that advice. Heard about one fire. Circuit interrupter will be a good safety feature.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Well, i now have a story to tell about Ford winch installs.....
I went out friday and used the 12k winch (installed by ford) on my F-250. I needed to remove a tree. After 10 min of winching, the tree was free. A buddy(helper) shared a couple beers afterwards and then i parked my truck for the night.
Yesterday i climbed in my truck and its sead, will not start. Winch fried the primary battery. It should have been connected to the secondary battery and im an idiot for not looking(thinking ...hey, they know what thier doing...).
Moral.....be weary of Ford dealer installed components and know what its supposed to do.
Side note.. now i get the chance to install the switch relay and get a better battery.

DwayneLord

Rank III

Champion III

Feb 24, 2021
Colorado/Maryland/Florida
First Name
Dwayne
Last Name
Lord
Member #

Help me understand here guys... When I looked at the winch option, it only lists steel rope. I've been using synthetic on my other vehicles for years. So much lighter and safer than steel. Why not wait and buy the winch after market where you have a huge selection of winches and options? (same with the sliders that offer no side protection they way they are depicted on the website)

Please don't flame me, seriously want to know if I am missing something here.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Help me understand here guys... When I looked at the winch option, it only lists steel rope. I've been using synthetic on my other vehicles for years. So much lighter and safer than steel. Why not wait and buy the winch after market where you have a huge selection of winches and options? (same with the sliders that offer no side protection they way they are depicted on the website)

Although I will pass on the winch, I suspect some owners will opt for the winch offered through the B&P for at least four reasons.
  • They can finance the cost as part of the total purchase.
  • The winch will no doubt come installed. (Hopefully, installed correctly!)
  • The idea of one-stop shopping can be attractive.
  • You can immediately start enjoying your Bronco out on the trails.

meyermi

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jan 22, 2021
San Diego
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Meyer
Member #

You're not missing anything. Tons of people will wait for the aftermarket (agree with you 100% on synthetic winch lines), or maybe even for Ford to wake up and expand their offerings.

Getting the Zeon 10 as a DIO upon purchase is just the easy button.

Reactions: DwayneLord