Which color is your First Edition going to be and why?

Which color is your First Edition going to be and why?

• Total voters

Shadowblade

Rank VI

Champion I

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Member #

Please answer the pole question of color and why. Also, if you have a tough call like I do because there are several good options, pick your placement order/ranking of the colors. Might also help to note top and interior from an all around color choice.

Thanks and have fun!

Currently I'm voting for Area 51, but I'm still a little on the fence.

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

After placing my reservation opening night for the FE all I could think about was Antimatter Blue and a White top. However, the next day I was disappointed to learn about the limited colors for FE. Later I was even more disappointed to learn there would only be one interior that clashed with the limited exterior colors. This is when the agonizing over what color to pick started. When Lightning Blue was announced the disappointment in limited colors went away.

Until Lightning Blue was announced Area 51 was the most ideal due to the Navy Pier interior. I love the darker Blue colors. My profile pic shows why I like the Blue. It was the accent color on the 79' my parents had. I even stuck with Navy Pier even though Black is an option now.

The top was another challenge. No White, no color matching. Ultimately I went with Black for the top. I intend to have it wrapped (along with the rest of the Bronco). I verified with a company that does wraps that the MIC top couldn't be wrapped. Once I found this out my choices was made, Shadow Black Modular.

Initial color ranking when I was deciding and based on the NP interior:
1. Area 51 - A Blue that would go with the interior.
2. Rapid Red - Reminded me of my F350 color a little.
3. Cactus Gray - Depended on how much it looked Green, not a huge Green fan.
4. Cyber Orange - It's unique and easy to find in the parking lot.

Now that we have Lightning Blue and a Black Interior, I don't think there is any wrong combination of color. However, stick with the Black Top.

EddieV

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 29, 2021
Utah, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Oldroyd
Member #

So sad they didn't offer black on the FE. Probably my fav of the colors offered is the lightning blue so I'll probably order it with that but it will get a satin or matte black wrap real soon.

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Originally we were going with two Cactus Gray FE'S, as wife and I both loved the color. Something about ordering two identical color Broncos didn't feel right for me, so I was actually going with a loaded Wildtrak in Iconic Silver. With the announcement of the Black interior, I've come back in the FE camp. After seeing a few pics of a lightning Blue on a FE, I'm all over it. The color reminds me of a old Blue Tacoma 4x4 I used to own, ironically owned it when I met my wife. Both of us will be going black interior and black mod Hardtop. I guess when I'm in a Cactus Gray mood, I'll just steal her Bronco for a day. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadowblade

BigTex22

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jul 13, 2020
Lantana, TX, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fitzgerald
I just confirmed my details at the dealership on Monday and chose Area 51. Agree with others upthread that this will match better with the interior. On the way out, I sat in the new King Ranch F-150...not smart as now I can’t get that out of my head. Throw a Tremor option onto the 2021 F-150 and you get a lot of luxury vehicle with some cool off-road capabilities. Decisions, decision...

RogueSqdn

Rank 0

Advocate I

Dec 14, 2020
North Carolina
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Childress
Lightning Blue, because I'm a USAF veteran.

Before LB was announced I was split between CG and A51. A51 looks too close to Carolina Blue (barf!) for my comfort (I'm an NC State alum), and CG looked too dull.

I'm not inclined to get a red vehicle of any kind, though... I think they fade too easily.

My current vehicle is a black 2017 Escape Titanium, and I had a white 2011 Escape before that. Time for some color.

Deepshag

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 13, 2020
Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Hughes
I like the A51 - CO and CG are 2 and 3. Going to go to the dealer to see live before ordering.
After seeing them live, I highly recommend doing the same. The A51 is not as shown in my profile pic. Its almost a teal. CO is closer to a school bus color and they just change the FORD color online for CG and it better represents the true color: more of a putty gray. Please go look before you buy.