Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

It’s like the little grand mother says in the movie Parenthood “ when I was 19, grandpa took me on a roller coaster. Up, down, up, down. Oh what a ride! I always wanted to go again. It was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me scared, frightened, sick, exited, and thrilled all together. Some didn’t like it and went on the merry-go-round instead. That just goes around. Nothing.
I like the roller coaster better. You get more out of it. “

I think Ford is just trying to give us our money’s worth.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Champion I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

It’s like the little grand mother says in the movie Parenthood “ when I was 19, grandpa took me on a roller coaster. Up, down, up, down. Oh what a ride! I always wanted to go again. It was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me scared, frightened, sick, exited, and thrilled all together. Some didn’t like it and went on the merry-go-round instead. That just goes around. Nothing.
I like the roller coaster better. You get more out of it. “

I think Ford is just trying to give us our money’s worth.
You have to get something to get your moneys worth.

CCDetroit

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 17, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Carly
Last Name
Cummings
Solid 6.
Slightly more excited than not, but still highly disappointed.

1. Limited color choices, NO GREEN or GREYSCALE.

2. Black mod top which was STANDARD on the FE is now late availability. And an $1800 charge.

3. Tow package after market.

4. Tailgate not standard on FE or from factory.

5. Black interior late availability (still unseen)

$70k build before any aftermarket add-ons.
Just isn't sitting right!!

Especially when just weeks or months after we get our late availability Broncos. They will offer a whole host of colors, options from the Factory. If I'm a FE res holder waiting for late availability, why can't we opt for MY22 colors and options?

I'm now a 5 after writing this!

Reldn

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 17, 2020
Atlanta, MO
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dowell
Member #

Up to about a 5, tenatively a 6, at the moment. I've taken my build in a wildly different direction now with the advent of ordering my 4Runner, but, I'm ready to order....and to fervently hope that I don't end up in the 21MY now. *laughs* I think my Wife will murder me if it ends up I'm inadvertantley purchasing two vehicles this year...That or make me sleep in one of said vehicles for the rest of the year.

samanator

Rank V

Supporter I

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

While I was at 7-8 my trip to Orlando to see the one they had that they would not open the door on it took me to a 3. I don't see it being worth the asking price by nearly a five digit number. The two other people with me at the show (one potential buyer and one other reservation holder) have the same opinion. Thinking about it for the past three weeks and looking at the pictures I believe I'm at a 1 now. Reasons:

We have no performance specs. Apparently, this thing weighs so much we can't put a roof rack on the four-door without exceeding a weight limit. Brakes look small for something that must be so heavy, and we have no stopping distance numbers from 60? The two-door is very small, and no four-door was present at the show to see the size. Measurement videos are not making me feel any better about it's size. I think it is too small. It is very apparent Ford is using Jeep for their pricing model (It nearly reads line for line). I know when I build a Rubicon Unlimited it comes out to $62K which is within a few hundred dollars of my Bronco pricing. Then when I look at these Jeeps in the dealer inventory the online price is $50K. Jeeps retail price is a sham, and Ford seems to be following it. What I saw of the Bronco at the show did not impress me. A fully loaded four-door (BL or WT)should not exceed $52K. Others with me do not see it being over $50K fully loaded. Safety tech is not up to dozens of other brands and they include it in the base price of every trim level. I have to go to a Lux package and get a ton of stuff I don't want since they have sprinkled the limited safety package items across all of the packages. Jeep has it as a stand-alone package at $795. I can't get the interior I want in the higher-level models with the other features I want.

Key points are: I can't configure the vehicle I want so it is highly likely I will not be happy with it(they have the right options I just can't put them together the way things are divided up). I have no idea how it will perform. I don't know if I will fit comfortably in it. It does not look like it will have the space I need. It is very overpriced based on the real market competitor's models. Safety systems are not even up to other brand's systems that have been around since 2017. Remember this is an all new 2021 vehicle. Ford is charging for these safety items when they are free on most others, and their's are far more comprehensive. Seeing it (at least what I could see of it in Orlando) made me have more questions about if I even liked it. I don't know how noisy it will be on the highway. I'm holding on to my two reservations for the moment, but I'm >90% certain I will not place an order. Ford has consistently messed up one thing after another with this launch. Given this, I have every belief there are a few more screw-ups coming for this vehicle. Last I have no clue when I will get the vehicle. I'm buying a vehicle I intend to drive for at least the next ten years so I will not be coming back in two or three years to buy one. It's now or most likely never.

I've started to drive a few things (No Jeeps) that all impress me more than the Bronco. The key thing is I can drive them and there are published specs on them. I don't have a good track record of ordering vehicles. It's always better to buy what is on the lot. If I go with my gut I will not be buying a Bronco.

Vigor

Rank IV

Supporter I

Dec 31, 2020
Ice cap zone 2
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

While I was at 7-8 my trip to Orlando to see the one they had that they would not open the door on it took me to a 3. I don't see it being worth the asking price by nearly a five digit number. The two other people with me at the show (one potential buyer and one other reservation holder) have the same opinion. Thinking about it for the past three weeks and looking at the pictures I believe I'm at a 1 now. Reasons:

We have no performance specs. Apparently, this thing weighs so much we can't put a roof rack on the four-door without exceeding a weight limit. Brakes look small for something that must be so heavy, and we have no stopping distance numbers from 60? The two-door is very small, and no four-door was present at the show to see the size. Measurement videos are not making me feel any better about it's size. I think it is too small. It is very apparent Ford is using Jeep for their pricing model (It nearly reads line for line). I know when I build a Rubicon Unlimited it comes out to $62K which is within a few hundred dollars of my Bronco pricing. Then when I look at these Jeeps in the dealer inventory the online price is $50K. Jeeps retail price is a sham, and Ford seems to be following it. What I saw of the Bronco at the show did not impress me. A fully loaded four-door (BL or WT)should not exceed $52K. Others with me do not see it being over $50K fully loaded. Safety tech is not up to dozens of other brands and they include it in the base price of every trim level. I have to go to a Lux package and get a ton of stuff I don't want since they have sprinkled the limited safety package items across all of the packages. Jeep has it as a stand-alone package at $795. I can't get the interior I want in the higher-level models with the other features I want.

Key points are: I can't configure the vehicle I want so it is highly likely I will not be happy with it(they have the right options I just can't put them together the way things are divided up). I have no idea how it will perform. I don't know if I will fit comfortably in it. It does not look like it will have the space I need. It is very overpriced based on the real market competitor's models. Safety systems are not even up to other brand's systems that have been around since 2017. Remember this is an all new 2021 vehicle. Ford is charging for these safety items when they are free on most others, and their's are far more comprehensive. Seeing it (at least what I could see of it in Orlando) made me have more questions about if I even liked it. I don't know how noisy it will be on the highway. I'm holding on to my two reservations for the moment, but I'm >90% certain I will not place an order. Ford has consistently messed up one thing after another with this launch. Given this, I have every belief there are a few more screw-ups coming for this vehicle. Last I have no clue when I will get the vehicle. I'm buying a vehicle I intend to drive for at least the next ten years so I will not be coming back in two or three years to buy one. It's now or most likely never.

I've started to drive a few things (No Jeeps) that all impress me more than the Bronco. The key thing is I can drive them and there are published specs on them. I don't have a good track record of ordering vehicles. It's always better to buy what is on the lot. If I go with my gut I will not be buying a Bronco.
Sounds to me that you've completely walked yourself off the Bronco reservation, pun intended. You state some valid concerns. Don't buy something this expensive if you don't love it

Sdakotabronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
For me the meter is a solid 5. I'll wait through the delays. Not sure how I'll like the 4cyl but I want the manual. Last vehicle I drove with a 4cyl was a long long time ago.

Reactions: Bronc96

Shadowblade

Rank IV

Supporter II

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
Well I’m on the rise again. I was able to take a sit in an Outerbanks Sport today, mid package with the dark blue. It was nice. Renewed my faith and brought my meter back up from the depths it had been plunging to. While I’m not a huge fan of the Sport, I respect it. The quality and feness they put into it showed through and was what I was hoping to find in the Bronco line. The sport would be a perfect replacement for my Jetta or Tiguan if storage internally wasn’t my focus. The seating was good, but the trunk space wasn’t enough. The vehicles length was really the issue. But if you want a small SUV with some badass off-roading or weather features. I’m sold! Now I’m pysched they Bronco will be the beast I imagined. Much like @BuzzyBud said. Took me a while to get my head wrapped around the GVWR information. This experience with he Sport and the information released and reviewed today, really helped me work through my issues. Thanks BRONCO NATION!

Pazzo

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 8, 2021
Arizona, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Matiacio
Member #

I recently joined and haven't been following much. Still, I'm a pragmatist. I have a great 2020 Taco that's paid in full, but would like some additional interior room. Thought about going back to a 4RUNNER but it's kinda old school tech, so I've been exploring options and decided to do a res on a Bronco. Looked at the sport briefly and frankly it's interior feels cheap especially for the cost. I've had Fords in the past and some were nice others not so much.

While I have a res and would convert to an order, if it's not at least as good as the Taco and drives better than a Wrangler, I'll pass.
Much of whether I actually buy depends on the quality. Make me a 5.

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
My Broncometer shot through the roof after seeing pics of this First Edition. I never in a million years thought I would ever buy a blue vehicle. These pics have Lightning Blue neck to neck with Cactus Gray for the win.IMG_3931 (1).jpgIMG_3935.jpg

Shadowblade

Rank IV

Supporter II

Jun 26, 2020
Columbia, MD, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Peeler
My Broncometer shot through the roof after seeing pics of this First Edition. I never in a million years thought I would ever buy a blue vehicle. These pics have Lightning Blue neck to neck with Cactus Gray for the win.View attachment 7597View attachment 7598
I thought the same thing. To me that is the only blue so far that pops for me. I like the idea of the Area 51 and antimatter, but to view them in person... pretty, but not for me

vintage

Rank IV

Supporter III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
I thought the same thing. To me that is the only blue so far that pops for me. I like the idea of the Area 51 and antimatter, but to view them in person... pretty, but not for me
Ditto, the other blues did nothing for me. But Lightning Blue with Black appearance package, just memorized me. Absolutely stunning IMO. If the FE decals look as good as the Shelby GT decals, LB might be my new Hunkleberry.
d03f9aa4ffb714e67af18bab84378985.jpg

Last edited:

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

My Broncometer shot through the roof after seeing pics of this First Edition. I never in a million years thought I would ever buy a blue vehicle. These pics have Lightning Blue neck to neck with Cactus Gray for the win.
You can’t go wrong with one of the Blues.
Of the 12 cars I have owned 6 were blue one was teal. Close enough to blue.

I see A51 as a pale blue (I am red green color blind) so that’s the one I am going with. Most of the Blues I have had were closer to the Antimatter so I am mixing things up.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

bronco meter is at a 0 since hearing about limited allocation for 2021.
I know its hard, but I wouldn’t sweat it too much 2021 will be more than 3/4 over before the first Broncos show up anyway. Remember they run production from august to august. It is possible that the late availability FE will be run down the line only a few weeks before MY 22 come rolling down.