Supporter III

Feb 26, 2020
Dearborn, MI, USA
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Dunlap
Member #

Our walk-around with Brad Lovell is here! Brad has spent over 3 years helping to test and develop the Ford Bronco, and has lots of great insights on many of the Bronco's features.

SandboxGeneral

Rank VI

Champion III

Aug 8, 2020
Lapeer, MI, USA
www.sandboxgeneral.xyz
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Satkowski
Member #

That was one of the best videos so far, I think.

I was audibly impressed when I learned that the sway-bar disconnect can re-engage above 25 mph and then automatically disconnect again “on the fly” when your speed drops below 25 mph. Very impressed! That alone blows the doors off of Jeeps!

I was also impressed that the front lockers can be engaged without having to engage the rear ones too.

My question for Brad is where can we get that sweet blue jacket he’s wearing in the video?

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Champion I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

That was one of the best videos so far, I think.

I was audibly impressed when I learned that the sway-bar disconnect can re-engage above 25 mph and then automatically disconnect again “on the fly” when your speed drops below 25 mph. Very impressed! That alone blows the doors off of Jeeps!

I was also impressed that the front lockers can be engaged without having to engage the rear ones too.

My question for Brad is where can we get that sweet blue jacket he’s wearing in the video?

Reactions: BuzzyBud

Roberto

Rank II

Advocate III

Aug 25, 2020
Louisiana, USA
First Name
Heinz
Last Name
Ordonez
Member #

I’m really impressed with the technology and the social media management of the new Bronco. It will definitely create interest in our different outdoors choices especially the national parks. I haven’t seen anything on how Ford will contribute to our national parks or other landmarks since we probably will see an influx of people due to the new Bronco.

Reldn

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 17, 2020
Atlanta, MO
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dowell
Member #

Great video. The enthusiam is infectious!

Not gonna lie, it's almost got me tempted to switch over to a Badlands now, and I know I'll never need all that off-road goodness on it. *laughs*

Reactions: Deano Bronc

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I found this video to be superb. My kudos to Brad for his skills and passion.

As I watched this video, two observations stood out.
  • He was clear in stating how the Bronco is superb at speeds below 45mph. At speeds over 45mph, a Ford Raptor is a better choice. What I could not gather was the reason for that statement. Is it the weight and wheelbase differences? Not sure. Also, what did he observe at higher speed when driving the Bronco? Independent analysis would be so helpful.
  • Brad is a professional off-road driver who knows how to enjoy a Bronco. I do not have those skills and, to be quite honest, never will. Will I enjoy a Bronco with my skill level? Not sure. I would benefit from an independent “average” driver who seeks to engage in off road activities like me spending time driving the Bronco on and off road.
In a way, I understand the marketing approach being used by Ford for the Bronco.

Murph 66 76 21

Rank III

Advocate I

Aug 14, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Murphy
Member #

One of the best videos yet. Brad obviously knows his stuff. His Voice was very recognizable from the rubicon and moab videos.
He did a great job of explaining the IFS, as I have never driven a vehicle in off road situations with an IFS, I have been a little nervous/anxious to drive one. He really moved me to the anxious side of that internal debate.
My take on the rapter better over 45 mph is in more offroad dirt type driving. I can't see the ride of the bronco on the highway being bad at all for the type of vehicle it is. It will never ride like a BMW/etc. but compared to other off road capable vehicles it should be great.
Also love the fact that you can lock axles independently. The trail turn assist, for me, will be a new technology that I am excited to try out.
Having been in BV at the Bronco Super Celebration, I can say I was very impressed with the black badlands that was there. I have been around broncos all my life and will be 50 this year. The look, the proportions, the style, the offroad technology that has been put into this vehicle is very impressive. I am the 3rd generation owner of a 1966 bronoco, not the one pictured in my avatar, and can't wait to own a first year model of this new bronco.
Thanks for such a great video

Flourman

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jul 18, 2020
Littleton, CO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Roush
Member #

I found this video to be superb. My kudos to Brad for his skills and passion.

As I watched this video, two observations stood out.
  • He was clear in stating how the Bronco is superb at speeds below 45mph. At speeds over 45mph, a Ford Raptor is a better choice. What I could not gather was the reason for that statement. Is it the weight and wheelbase differences? Not sure. Also, what did he observe at higher speed when driving the Bronco? Independent analysis would be so helpful.
  • Brad is a professional off-road driver who knows how to enjoy a Bronco. I do not have those skills and, to be quite honest, never will. Will I enjoy a Bronco with my skill level? Not sure. I would benefit from an independent “average” driver who seeks to engage in off road activities like me spending time driving the Bronco on and off road.
In a way, I understand the marketing approach being used by Ford for the Bronco.
The Raptor wheelbase has a lot to do with it along with a heavier sprung weight. The Raptor, having more mass both above and below the springs let’s the suspension follow the terrain better and allows the body not to bounce around as much.

I don’t think a new off-roader will take full advantage of all of the tools the Bronco has off-road. I wheeled for a LONG time without lockers. Then when I got a rear locker, I was in heaven. Then when I got a front locker, my perspective changed. It’s great because one can get these from the factory andwork their way up.

As far as the video, his smile shows he’s truly excited for this which makes me even more excited.