Champion III

Aug 1, 2020
Southaven, MS, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Dickey
Member #

After much consideration I have decided not to buy a new Bronco, it simply will not meet my needs. A good friend of mine has asked if I can transer my reservatio spot to him. Is this possible?

• Sad
Reactions: Commodore

cbarg14

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 28, 2020
Idaho, USA
First Name
Clint
Last Name
Barg
Guessing you're not the only one. I'd start with a reputable dealer to bounce this question. They might be able to at least point you in the right direction.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Ford said it is not possible but the dealership may have some way to get it done. I believe you will still have to order it under your name. Once it hits the dealership, then someone will need to get creative.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

the dealership has no incentive to do it. It can sell the reserved Bronco, itself...
Yep, I agree. The dealership will not have any problems selling any Bronco that hits the lot. I'm personally glad that the reservations can't be transferred because you would have had all kinds of people grabbing up reservations just to sell them for a profit. I'm sure that isn't the case in this scenario but for sure it would happen.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I don’t know how willing the dealership would be to do this that is a lot of work for little profit. You would have to buy it then sell it to your friend. Sad thing is you would both have to pay the taxes on the sale. Or you could always buy it see if it will work for you. If not sell it to some other folks for a profit, I am sure there are a few out there that would buy it.

nic

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 22, 2020
Marietta, GA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Cannington
Member #

Just interesting to think about... but I don't think the dealership gets the vehicle until it's ordered and there's no way Ford lets anyone switch a reservation like that. It's too much of a slippery slope of black market dealings.

IMHO, if the reservation is not converted to an order... it goes away.

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Just interesting to think about... but I don't think the dealership gets the vehicle until it's ordered and there's no way Ford lets anyone switch a reservation like that. It's too much of a slippery slope of black market dealings.

Nope!
The associated dealer gets the vehicle....

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Yeah if the dealer gets the allocation you can switch your reservation to the highest bidder.

• Haha
Reactions: AcesandEights

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Yeah if the dealer gets the allocation you can switch your reservation to the highest bidder.
. It’s the dealer who refunds your $100 deposit. The Dealer is assigned the deal from the get go.... Ford sells to dealerships. Ford online takes deposits for Ford dealers.

Last edited:

nic

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 22, 2020
Marietta, GA, USA
First Name
Nic
Last Name
Cannington
Member #

It’s the dealer who refunds your $100 deposit. The Dealer is assigned the deal from the get go.... Ford sells to dealerships. Ford online takes deposits for Ford dealers.
If Ford wanted to just sell to dealer (edited: cus i was using quotes which came off weird) without a reservation process... they would have done that (just like every time).
They've chosen to tie orders to specific individuals and it's now in their best interest to ensure that happens. They have the ability to ensure the orders made by a dealer are still tied to the original reservation holders. I'm assuming they're going to hold dealers pretty accountable to that. (but... that's all assumption)

Last edited:
Reactions: Orf and Deano Bronc

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

That is correct. If the customer cancels the reservation, or fails to convert it to an order, the $100 is refunded and that's the end of it.

Nope!
The associated dealer gets the vehicle....
I'm pretty sure that's not true for a reservation. That only happens if the customer converts the reservation to an order, then refuses delivery or can't close on it.

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Getting back to the OP's original question, the Ford reservation FAQs say "Your reservation number is assigned to you, but can be transferred to a member of your household at time of order placement." So maybe if you can convince the dealer that your good friend is a member of your household? Not sure how they'll regulate that.

Dabush

Rank 0

Advocate I

May 31, 2020
Ga
I would think if you cancel the dealer gets nothing and ford builds the next bronco so the next person in line will get his or hers faster. Basically you would skip that number example build 7 and move on to build 8. This seems like the most logical process for cancelations.

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

I would think if you cancel the dealer gets nothing and ford builds the next bronco so the next person in line will get his or hers faster. Basically you would skip that number example build 7 and move on to build 8. This seems like the most logical process for cancelations.
Dad was a dealer...
Ford online acts as... the dealers Agent.

Refund comes from Ford ...only before it is given to a dealer.
After the dealer receives the deposit, your refund comes from the dealer. The dealer keeps the deal from that point. This is only fair, after all, because a dealer may have spent time with the customer. On Bronco, there is no dealer allocation. Cancelled reservations are the only way for a dealer to get floor plan stock...

Last edited:
Reactions: YukonCornelius

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Dad was a dealer...
Ford online acts as the dealers Agent.

Refund comes from Ford ...only before it is given to a dealer.
After the dealer receives the deposit, your refund comes from the dealer. The dealer keeps the deal from that point. This is only fair, after all, because a dealer may have spent time with the customer. On Bronco, there is no dealer allocation. Cancelled reservations are the only way for a dealer to get floor plan stock...

Looking at this thread, I’m the only one with nobody liking what I post. One would think that I donno anything. The car business put me through college!
This is only the second (Mach E being 1st) time that Ford has ever used the reservation system so everything is a little different than it used to be. Maybe we are not looking at what an actual reservation is quite the same. I consider the reservation what we all have once we put our $100 deposit down. It is not an order.
If I decide I do not want to order a Bronco, my $100 is refunded to me and my reservation is thrown away. It no longer exists. Now, if I actually put in an order and then decide to cancel, the Bronco would go to the dealership.

I respect what you are saying and I'm not thinking you don't know anything. It might well have worked that way at one time, but it is not done that way now.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Champion III

Jul 21, 2020
Texas, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Had to like
I’m the only one with nobody liking what I post
:):):)

Anyways, most are correct on here: Reservations cannot be transferred. However, once it's submitted as an order, the buyer can still withdraw and the dealer is free to sell it to whomever. So, if you have a relationship with the dealership, they may allow a "friend" to be next in line. That's wholly up to the dealer though and they can play all sorts of games, or not, at that point with ADMs and such. Bottom line is until you take delivery of the vehicle ordered, the dealer owns it - they can't sell it, unless you sign off on the cancellation or the hold date lapses - but it's the dealership's vehicle to do with as they will at that point. (I've heard of scrupulous dealers even keeping the deposit.) Most will allow you to back out after the order (life changes, loss of job, all sorts of reasons) is submitted without issues, but honestly, the simplest path at this point is to cancel the reservation and get your $100 back... no additional paperwork...

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Gocats

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 1, 2020
Southaven, MS, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Dickey
Member #

After much consideration I have decided not to buy a new Bronco, it simply will not meet my needs. A good friend of mine has asked if I can transer my reservatio spot to him. Is this possible?
UPDATE!!! My wife came up with a brilliant idea, I'm buying a class C with enough towing capability to pull my Bronco!! Very excited

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

UPDATE!!! My wife came up with a brilliant idea, I'm buying a class C with enough towing capability to pull my Bronco!! Very excited
And I hear the Bronco can be flat towed. I am not sure if it is the 10 speed Broncos but the 7 speeds will do nicely. That’s a big part of why I want the 7-speed.

Tilzbow

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 22, 2020
Reno
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Tilzey
And I hear the Bronco can be flat towed. I am not sure if it is the 10 speed Broncos but the 7 speeds will do nicely. That’s a big part of why I want the 7-speed.
All Bronco trannys and 4WD systems will be flat tow compatible. The Bronco Sport is not flat tow compatible.

Bronce Towing.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TCopp and TorgSurv