Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2020
South Dakota
First Name
James
Last Name
Anderson
Hey all, so I got my production email from Ford. While Ford still hasn't contacted me about the first email they sent stating to expect December 2020 as a delivery date, the general manager from the dealership told me that because I picked Cyber Orange for my Badlands Edition, it caused additional issues due to product procurement to make the color. I'm pretty bummed because now I won't be expecting delivery until March/April factoring in 5 weeks for build time and QA, then shipping, which I'm not sure how long that will take.

All in all, I'm bummed that I won't be getting it until well after they previously projected. I have heard though that other people are getting their builds already started, so if you're one of them, congrats! Screenshot_20201120-124256_Gmail.jpg

Ponds

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Aug 1, 2020
Wolverine Lake, Commerce Charter Township, MI, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Walker
Member #

@Jimmy D. A number of cyber orange Bronco Sports have build weeks January-February 2021. Mine is the same as yours. There was a NY Region scheduling note from Ford: "21MY Bronco Sport Paints – Rapid Red (D4), Alto Blue (L3), & Cyber Orange (SB) late availability paints will be available to schedule on Thursday, October 22nd. Dealers will be able to amend orders into these paints during the extended dressing, beginning on Monday, October 12th." Looks like they resolved that issue.

Ask your general manager to print out a vehicle visibility report from WBDO for your ride. It will also have your VIN... VIN is your golden ticket as it is only assigned when your order moves to the assembly plant for production.You'll be able to print out your window sticker about a week before your truck is build. I hope to see mine around mid-March.

Fingers crossed brother!

Jimmy D

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2020
South Dakota
First Name
James
Last Name
Anderson
Quick update and a question for anyone still following:

Ford sent me an email letting me know my Cyber Orange Badlands Sport was delayed again. It's now scheduled for production on 02/18/2021. Haven't seen any on the road here yet and since we are in winter, I'm trying to hold out hope that the delay just means I'll have some good weather to test it out.

Has anyone taken delivery yet? If so, from the time production started until it arrived at the dealership, how long did it take? I'm gonna guess it takes about 5 weeks turnaround time, more or less considering all things.

Reactions: Commodore

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Ford sent me an email letting me know my Cyber Orange Badlands Sport was delayed again. It's now scheduled for production on 02/18/2021. Haven't seen any on the road here yet and since we are in winter, I'm trying to hold out hope that the delay just means I'll have some good weather to test it out.

Has anyone taken delivery yet? If so, from the time production started until it arrived at the dealership, how long did it take? I'm gonna guess it takes about 5 weeks turnaround time, more or less considering all things.
The wait has got to be killing you. haha
It will be here before you know it plus the worst part of the winter will be over. (y)

Jimmy D

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2020
South Dakota
First Name
James
Last Name
Anderson
The wait has got to be killing you. haha
It will be here before you know it plus the worst part of the winter will be over. (y)
Chompin' at the bit! Haha Excited to take a drive out to thr Black Hills to do some light trail driving and camping.

What's worse is Ford had been MIA about adding accessory cash or stuff like they are doing for the standard Bronco orders, though I get it. Money is tight and they've got small margins at the moment. Still though, would be nice to feel a bit more than a number.

Jimmy D

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2020
South Dakota
First Name
James
Last Name
Anderson
It's be nice to feel like a bit more of anything. I just received my second Your order is confirmed email. Exactly like the one I received in August. Not feeling warm and fuzzy about Ford at the moment.
Oh man, that is disheartening. I very much agree.

Reactions: Commodore

Ponds

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Aug 1, 2020
Wolverine Lake, Commerce Charter Township, MI, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Like you, my Cyber Orange FE was scheduled for week of 02/08 and it’s been moved back to the week of 02/15. Stopped by my dealership today. They were off-loading 10 Bronco Sports (5 customer orders and 5 BB for stock. They now have 14 on the lot. Getting more than a tad antsy! Hopefully we get ours soon.

ZCO24

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 21, 2020
Florida
First Name
Leo
Last Name
Charrua
Oh wow, you guys are making me nervous. I got my "order confirmed" email this past weekend, after putting my deposit down at the dealership. Now I'm thinking it won't be 8-10 weeks like they said..but more like 5 months.

Jimmy D

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 9, 2020
South Dakota
First Name
James
Last Name
Anderson
Oh wow, you guys are making me nervous. I got my "order confirmed" email this past weekend, after putting my deposit down at the dealership. Now I'm thinking it won't be 8-10 weeks like they said..but more like 5 months.

Oh man. I hope it won't be like that for you. Ford is just well behind the 8 ball at the moment. Hoping for everyone's sake that they've got their action plan for production in place and working smoothly now. We will see if any further delay emails show up. Lol

Reactions: ZCO24 and Ponds