Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 21, 2020
Fountain, CO, USA
First Name
Jeanette
Last Name
Hernandez
I’ve been wavering between the Sport Badlands with badlands & tow packages (along with a few other minor additions) and the Bronco Big Bend with mid package. I absolutely love the idea of being able to take the doors & roof off of the Bronco BB; however after seeing the video of the hard top roof removal, I realized I couldn’t do it by myself-and it would be only me taking it off. The soft top may be doable by me but it looks WAY too easy to get into the vehicle by someone with less than honorable intentions. Those things just may have tipped the scales to the Sport Badlands.

Is anyone else having this dilemma?

• Wow
Reactions: Commodore

RedCo

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 21, 2020
Fountain, CO, USA
First Name
Jeanette
Last Name
Hernandez
Curious. Why avoid the moonroof? Is it because of the weight limit? I currently have a 2nd Gen Escape (the boxy version) and the moonroof on it is one of my joys of that vehicle.

Reactions: Commodore

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

Curious. Why avoid the moonroof? Is it because of the weight limit? I currently have a 2nd Gen Escape (the boxy version) and the moonroof on it is one of my joys of that vehicle.
I was wrong to expand my personal opinions to others. ...but it did cut off the soft/hard top debate...posted in the Bronco Sport section!

Last edited:

RedCo

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 21, 2020
Fountain, CO, USA
First Name
Jeanette
Last Name
Hernandez
Nothing wrong with sharing opinions. Sometimes it gives information the other didn’t think of and the other person can take in or not based on their own opinion, no harm no foul on either end.
Funny about ending the rooftop discussion. :)

My first time post on this site (or any site, really). I’ve been reading posts for a while and decided to ask like minded individuals with WAY more experience than I do their thoughts.

Thanks for input.
:)

Bronc96

Rank V

Don't delete

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Nothing wrong with sharing opinions. Sometimes it gives information the other didn’t think of and the other person can take in or not based on their own opinion, no harm no foul on either end.

My first time post on this site (or any site, really). I’ve been reading posts for a while and decided to ask like minded individuals with WAY more experience than I do their thoughts.

Thanks for input.
Welcome to BN @RedCo! Good folks here that love to talk Broncs. Enjoy! (y)

bdawson24

Rank V

Supporter II

May 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Member #

Thanks for input.
Welcome to the BN forums!!

I have been learning a lot from the folks on here as well and have been loving every min of it! Thanks for joining.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I’ve been wavering between the Sport Badlands with badlands & tow packages (along with a few other minor additions) and the Bronco Big Bend with mid package. I absolutely love the idea of being able to take the doors & roof off of the Bronco BB; however after seeing the video of the hard top roof removal, I realized I couldn’t do it by myself-and it would be only me taking it off. The soft top may be doable by me but it looks WAY too easy to get into the vehicle by someone with less than honorable intentions. Those things just may have tipped the scales to the Sport Badlands.

Is anyone else having this dilemma?
You are not the first to have this dilemma and you will not be the last. Both the Bronco Big Bend and the Bronco Sport Badlands are great choices. As you craft a vision of how/where/when you plan to use your new vehicle the decision may become easier.

For me, it is all about camping and adventure travel. Although I hope to buy a 2 door Bronco Badlands, I will probably never remove the rear roof section. I am fine with that decision. I watched a video of the Black Bear Pass in Colorado and said to myself, “That will be me someday”. My Bronco will take me there and back. I guess life is all about living your dreams.

Reactions: RedCo and Commodore

SlashRacer

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 31, 2020
Otsego, MI, USA
Member #

For me, it is all about camping and adventure travel. Although I hope to buy a 2 door Bronco Badlands, I will probably never remove the rear roof section. I am fine with that decision. I watched a video of the Black Bear Pass in Colorado and said to myself, “That will be me someday”. My Bronco will take me there and back. I guess life is all about living your dreams.
I hope to do Black Bear Pass myself some day. I’ll watch the weather before the adventure begins.

RedCo

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 21, 2020
Fountain, CO, USA
First Name
Jeanette
Last Name
Hernandez
You are not the first to have this dilemma and you will not be the last. Both the Bronco Big Bend and the Bronco Sport Badlands are great choices. As you craft a vision of how/where/when you plan to use your new vehicle the decision may become easier.

It is. It is indeed. That area of Colorado is amazing. I’ve never been to Black Bear Pass but have driven 550, the Million Dollar Highway on my way to Pagosa Springs. That was done on road and it was astonishing how beautiful and breathtaking it was. I’m also dreaming of being able to go as far off road as I dare. I think the BS Badlands will allow me to do that..... at least that’s what I think this week . Thanks for the encouragement. May your travels be safe, adventurous, and full of wonder.