Poll Week - Tops

Which top is going to be on your 2021 Bronco most often?

• Soft Top (Standard on 4-Door)

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Mold in Color (MIC) Top (Standard on 2-Door, optional on 4-Door)

Votes: 154 64.2%
  • Top, Soft Mesh (Bimini) Accessory

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Top, Soft Canvas (Bimini) Accessory

Votes: 13 5.4%
  • Waiting for Painted Black Modular Hardtop

Votes: 57 23.8%

• Total voters

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

These are the prices from the survey if you ordered it directly from Ford. $1,900 for black modular hardtop option. I’m assuming they reflect a credit for the soft top, so the tops would cost more if you were to purchase them later.

View attachment 5370
I wish you the best. I understand I have become a bit negative with Ford over their handling of the bronco. I am becoming more and more cautious about waiting until you’re in the aftermarket to buy a Ford top. I once had to buy a headlight for a two year old car and was a bit more than shocked to have to pay $1,200 from Ford. The car only cost me $19,500 to buy new.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Target385

Rank III

Super Supporter II

Jul 15, 2020
Baltimore, MD
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Burket
you left out the option for dual tops (MIC and Soft top). That would be where I'm probably headed.
Same here actually - but I am hoping to see an aftermarket soft top similar to the ones for the jeeps where the back portion is at a 45 degree angle instead of squared off like the factory.

Reactions: IBleve

Hobgoblin

Rank VI

Super Supporter III

Jul 29, 2020
Milton, Georgia
First Name
MATT
Last Name
HOBBS
Member #

I am likely going with MIC top with Area 51. It does look great on the Overlander. WIll look to add a bimini top as well.

One thing I would like to see is an actual video on the soft top. I spoke to the Ford representative about that at SuperCel East. He mentioned that they knew that was needed. Just wondering if we should be anticipating something like that? With the unique flip up rear window I would really like to see it functioning. If I have missed that somewhere please let me know. Like keeping my options open.

Reactions: SlashRacer

BroncoStoked

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 10, 2021
Lawrenceburg, TN, USA
wwwdougstokes.com
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Stokes
Member #

I live in Michigan, I don't know what you're talking about. Do off-road vehicles sometimes not have tops on them? I have so many questions. Where do they put all the snow? How do they not freeze to death on long drives? I'd ask about the rain but I feel like the MGV and drain plugs have that covered. o_O
Perhaps some would like to fashion a DIY top out of reclaimed license plates.

• Haha
Reactions: Deano Bronc

tracythemighty

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 15, 2020
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
D
This one is tough. With a Wildtrak or Badlands trim, I was completely sold on having the painted modular. I don't want to wait for my Bronco. So, if I order a Wildtrak, I will stick with the MIC and possibly upgrade when the painted modular is available. I'm now looking harder at Badlands to maybe just get the soft top and then add the modular later. This way I at least have a soft top in the mix...
I saw a Q&A on that and Estoban (spelling is probably off) from Ford said you can't get (or maybe it would be more difficult to get) a hard top later because you wouldn't get the back wiper.

Reactions: TXBronco