Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I ordered the Wildtrak, I opted for the Lux package with leather seats. I also added the winch package with the capable front bumper and full steel bash plates. I’ve been reading up and seeing some add ons will cause a delay receiving my bronco. When I ordered my bronco over the phone with my Ford rep they said the order was placed and then a week later I got a email saying my order was placed. The email didn’t mention anything about the bumper, winch or bash plates. The rep told me they were included in the order and also said that Ford is picking up the orders March 15th how true is any of this?
My order email didn’t outline any of the details either. I was also told the order bank goes to Ford in mid March, at which point you can no longer make any changes.
The Ford email is just a confirmation that you’ve placed you order, your dealer should give you an “Order Preview” which goes into the Ford order system (forgot the initials for it) and is a line item of what you ordered.

You can make changes per Ford up until you have a VIN which is roughly 1-2 weeks before your build starts.

Reactions: Georgedroukas

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Don't delete

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Ask to see the order form. The confirmation email is just a high level summary and doesn't list everything. You can see my confirmation email below and my dealer order form to see how much stuff isn't mentioned in the confirmation email.

order_form_OBX_a4.jpg

confirmed_order.jpg

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

After more research I’m actually going to steer away from the sway bar disconnect since it’s a hydraulic system. If it was electronic I would prefer that especially since these vehicles haven’t been fielded for a very long period.

guzie

Rank V

Champion I

Jul 25, 2020
Grand Rapids mi
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Guzniczak
Member #

I ordered the Wildtrak, I opted for the Lux package with leather seats. I also added the winch package with the capable front bumper and full steel bash plates. I’ve been reading up and seeing some add ons will cause a delay receiving my bronco. When I ordered my bronco over the phone with my Ford rep they said the order was placed and then a week later I got a email saying my order was placed. The email didn’t mention anything about the bumper, winch or bash plates. The rep told me they were included in the order and also said that Ford is picking up the orders March 15th how true is any of this?
Capable bumper is not available for MY21 so you can’t order it. The winch is not in the order system right now so they can’t add it to your order either.

Reactions: Georgedroukas

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Capable bumper is not available for MY21 so you can’t order it. The winch is not in the order system right now so they can’t add it to your order either.
Damn way to rain on my parade. Appreciate the insight!

Lester10-3

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 11, 2020
Montrose, CO, USA
First Name
Lester
Last Name
Sendecki
Member #

I talked to the parts man at my local friendly Ford dealer this morning. He searched his on line catalog and found NO mention of a winch mount - solution. But he could order any Warn Winch I wanted.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Just wanting clarity. I too want the winch but its not there as many of the accessories in the B&P are not there either.
Per Ford, the bolt on accessories/Dealer installed will NOT show up until after May in the dealer computers for them to order and install on delivery.

So, my thought because I was looking at the Ford parts: winch/bumper, pod lights, steps all on the original order. Now I have got time to look and compare. Going with the AMP power steps, KC HILite ERA lights, and will wait for ADD to come out with a winch bumper and rear bumper.

And then just order the roof rack from the dealer and self-install unless Ford ok's the install on a WT by the dealer, then add more KC's there too

Rydfree

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

After more research I’m actually going to steer away from the sway bar disconnect since it’s a hydraulic system. If it was electronic I would prefer that especially since these vehicles haven’t been fielded for a very long period.
It is essentially electronic . The Bronco SBD is not hydraulic in the sense of it being like an old power steering system . It does not rely on a pump or lines going to it . It is more like a reactive shock absorber than anything . It has fluid putting pressure on a plate to keep the bar connected and then when a electronic signal is sent to unlock a solenoid it allows the fluid to pass thru a different set of oil passages that relieve the pressure and unlock . There is a cool video animation out there somewhere from the manufacture . You may already know this but just restating since many may think it is a traditional pressure system because they use the term "Hydraulic" . It was one of my deciding factors to get it .

EDIT with video:

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

It is essentially electronic . The Bronco SBD is not hydraulic in the sense of it being like an old power steering system . It does not rely on a pump or lines going to it . It is more like a reactive shock absorber than anything . It has fluid putting pressure on a plate to keep the bar connected and then when a electronic signal is sent to unlock a solenoid it allows the fluid to pass thru a different set of oil passages that relieve the pressure and unlock . There is a cool video animation out there somewhere from the manufacture . You may already know this but just restating since many may think it is a traditional pressure system because they use the term "Hydraulic" . It was one of my deciding factors to get it .
Great info! Now you got me thinking it would seem pretty easy as an AM part at some point if one goes WT. Technically the switch is already in place for it, just add parts

Reactions: Rydfree

Rydfree

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

Great info! Now you got me thinking it would seem pretty easy as an AM part at some point if one goes WT. Technically the switch is already in place for it, just add parts
Yes , probably at some point , although it still would not be automatically controlled by the GOAT modes and would likely cost a lot more than getting it from the factory .

Reactions: ResidualGenius

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

I’m actually for it if it’s a closed loop system like @Rydfree states. But I’m sort of dead set on my WT now. I give it 6mo to a year before some amateur try’s to crawl it and wrecks it. I’ll just buy the SBD off a wrecked one and retrofit it in.

@ResidualGenius the Wildtrak doesn’t have the switch on the dash for the SBD. I looked all over the Instagram page and google images and the WT and BL/FE have different dash switches. But we do have additional aux switches by the dome lights you could possibly wire it to. Our ECU’s will most likely be different since the WT has Sport mode and the BL/FE have rock crawl mode. We won’t be able to integrate the SBD into our trucks with the goat mode switch it would have to be manual on and manual off but, still from the convenience of inside the cockpit.

Reactions: ResidualGenius

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Yes , probably at some point , although it still would not be automatically controlled by the GOAT modes and would likely cost a lot more than getting it from the factory .
I'd bet once available you could do a computer update but, honestly simply pushing a button is not a big deal for me either.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

@ResidualGenius the Wildtrak doesn’t have the switch on the dash for the SBD. I looked all over the Instagram page and google images and the WT and BL/FE have different dash switches. But we do have additional aux switches by the dome lights you could possibly wire it to. Our ECU’s will most likely be different since the WT has Sport mode and the BL/FE have rock crawl mode. We won’t be able to integrate the SBD into our trucks with the goat mode switch it would have to be manual on and manual off but, still from the convenience of inside the cockpit.
Is there just a blank hero button on the dash then or they removed that spot all together??