Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

When I built mine online it with the tow package it didn’t look like there was any tow points on the bumper itself. What I’m referring to is in the second image .
Recovery points are below the bumper, attached to the frame
Ahh makes sense I zoomed in and i see them now. Do any of y’all know if the bumper is plastic or steel, I know on some models the rear comes with the steel bumper as an option?

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Ahh makes sense I zoomed in and i see them now. Do any of y’all know if the bumper is plastic or steel, I know on some models the rear comes with the steel bumper as an option?
Steel rear bumper standard on Black Diamond and Badlands. Not even an option on any other trim.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

When I built mine online it with the tow package it didn’t look like there was any tow points on the bumper itself. What I’m referring to is in the second image .
Yes, they are on the frame in the rear. But having on the bumper is defiantly more ideal and once available my rear bumper will be switched out too

Reactions: Georgedroukas

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Steel bumper only on Black Diamond and Badlands. Not even an option on any other trim.
That’s kinda dumb, but I’ll probably buy one from the dealership at a later date.

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

rear is what seems a plastic cover on a steel frame at least on the side caps. But guessing whole rear is the same

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

That’s kinda dumb, but I’ll probably buy one from the dealership at a later date.
Since you want the steel bumpers and bash plates, is there any reason you didn't go Badlands over Wildtrak?
I liked the Black and Tan leather interior better on the wildtrak. Also when i was toying around and building the badlands online I couldn’t find the steel rear bumper as an add on either and the BL didnt have sport mode.

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

I liked the Black and Tan leather interior better on the wildtrak. Also when i was toying around and building the badlands online I couldn’t find the steel rear bumper as an add on either and the BL didnt have sport mode.
Better interior is a valid reason. (y) Badlands is actually my least favorite-looking interior but I'm getting it because I want MGV and a sway bar disconnect.

Steel front and rear bumpers are standard on the BL. And Badlands has Rock Crawl instead of Sport.

Last edited:
Reactions: KennyMac

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I'm with you on Sports Mode versus Rock Crawl. I can tear off the factory bumpers for good AM later

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Better interior is a valid reason. (y) Badlands is actually my least favorite-looking interior but I'm getting it because I want MGV and a sway bar disconnect.

Steel front and rear bumpers are standard on the BL.
I was totally under the wrong impression. I thought sway bar disconnect came on BL, WT and FE since in the demo pics it shows the switch on the dash. I might honestly be going back to the dealership to change my order i rather sway disconnects then sport mode. I can just use Baja and put it in 2wd and get sport mode

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

I was totally under the wrong impression. I thought sway bar disconnect came on BL, WT and FE since in the demo pics it shows the switch on the dash. I might honestly be going back to the dealership to change my order i rather sway disconnects then sport mode. I can just use Baja and put it in 2wd and get sport mode
Baja is automatic 4H

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Attachments

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Baja is automatic 4H
It defaults to 4H but I’ve read in Raptor forums that you can put it in Baja mode and 2H and it works similar to sport mode

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

It defaults to 4H but I’ve read in Raptor forums that you can put it in Baja mode and 2H and it works similar to sport mode
That would be interesting then if it does that on the Bronco, haven't seen or heard of that. A computer mode over-riding a computer mode LOL I'd look at switching to get RC if that is truly possible

Rydfree

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Sep 1, 2020
Alabama
First Name
Benny
Last Name
Bryant
Member #

That would be interesting then if it does that on the Bronco, haven't seen or heard of that. A computer mode over-riding a computer mode LOL I'd look at switching to get RC if that is truly possible
Goat Modes just preselect certain things with one turn of a knob . If there is a manual switch for a function you can still select or de-select that function while it is still in a particular mode . The throttle sensitivity , transmission shift points etc will remain active .

ResidualGenius

Rank VI

Champion III

Dec 15, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Loescher
Member #

Goat Modes just preselect certain things with one turn of a knob . If there is a manual switch for a function you can still select or de-select that function while it is still in a particular mode . The throttle sensitivity , transmission shift points etc will remain active .
So, even given this is all from the same controller essentially? I'd get it with the hero switches, like the turn assist (forgot technical term LOL) or which ever also switches on/off at XYZ speed

Buckin'

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
Member #

Yeah, sway bar disco is Badlands and FE only

I think Sport mode is a little more complicated than just selecting Baja and putting it in 2wd but I don't know for sure. I ultimately decided that Sport mode is something I can live without.

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Yeah, sway bar disco is Badlands and FE only

I think Sport mode is a little more complicated than just selecting Baja and putting it in 2wd but I don't know for sure. I ultimately decided that Sport mode is something I can live without.
Yeah I’m going to be using eco daily for driving back and forth from work I’d much rather rock crawl and sway disconnect

Brongo

Rank II

Advocate III

Feb 10, 2021
New York
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Seda
I ordered the Wildtrak, I opted for the Lux package with leather seats. I also added the winch package with the capable front bumper and full steel bash plates. I’ve been reading up and seeing some add ons will cause a delay receiving my bronco. When I ordered my bronco over the phone with my Ford rep they said the order was placed and then a week later I got a email saying my order was placed. The email didn’t mention anything about the bumper, winch or bash plates. The rep told me they were included in the order and also said that Ford is picking up the orders March 15th how true is any of this?
My order email didn’t outline any of the details either. I was also told the order bank goes to Ford in mid March, at which point you can no longer make any changes.

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

I ordered the Wildtrak, I opted for the Lux package with leather seats. I also added the winch package with the capable front bumper and full steel bash plates. I’ve been reading up and seeing some add ons will cause a delay receiving my bronco. When I ordered my bronco over the phone with my Ford rep they said the order was placed and then a week later I got a email saying my order was placed. The email didn’t mention anything about the bumper, winch or bash plates. The rep told me they were included in the order and also said that Ford is picking up the orders March 15th how true is any of this?
My order email didn’t outline any of the details either. I was also told the order bank goes to Ford in mid March, at which point you can no longer make any changes.
I emailed my Ford rep I’ll try to get more information tomorrow!