Advocate III

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

So has anyone run into this...I placed my order on 2/4 and one of the DIOs I included was the Paint Protection (A1VAB) ($350) which shows on my order summary as such. Then yesterday, in response to a different question to my dealer, he sends me an order summary dated 2/26 (date printed). All the data and codes are the same as the 2/4 order except for the DIO Paint Protection, which now appears as Body Armor-Protective Molding (but still is priced at $350).

Does anyone know what the Body Armor is? Is it similar to the Trail Armor or Door Molding listed on page 2 of the Bronco Accessory Portfolio spreadsheet, or something altogether different? I suppose one could make the argument that it is still "Paint Protection", but not sure I want to have additional "stuff" mounted onto my Bronco without first seeing what it looks like. Any ideas on this BN?

Bronco liven

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 12, 2021
Seattle
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Sansen
I believe it's just a protection wrap only in certain areas of the Broncos from getting paint chip and door dings, rather than having the factory put mine on I'm going to take it to a local shop that does wraps professionally not saying the ford cant do a good job I just trust a shop that does it on Lamborghinis Ferraris Etc.

Broncadonk MKG

Rank IV

Advocate III

Dec 23, 2020
Manhattan, KS, USA
First Name
Mikayla
Last Name
Gentine
Member #

So has anyone run into this...I placed my order on 2/4 and one of the DIOs I included was the Paint Protection (A1VAB) ($350) which shows on my order summary as such. Then yesterday, in response to a different question to my dealer, he sends me an order summary dated 2/26 (date printed). All the data and codes are the same as the 2/4 order except for the DIO Paint Protection, which now appears as Body Armor-Protective Molding (but still is priced at $350).

Does anyone know what the Body Armor is? Is it similar to the Trail Armor or Door Molding listed on page 2 of the Bronco Accessory Portfolio spreadsheet, or something altogether different? I suppose one could make the argument that it is still "Paint Protection", but not sure I want to have additional "stuff" mounted onto my Bronco without first seeing what it looks like. Any ideas on this BN?
This is a shot in the dark, but Body Armor Molding might the official name of the vendor’s product that Ford is going through. Look closely for trademark or copyright info. They probably kept it generic up until now because they’ve either signed with a vendor for that price or the pre-existing vendor was mad their name was not attached to the product on the Ford site.

Reactions: DeepCreek

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

I know that the trucks have a body armor rocker panel protection that I think goes along the door sill area. Along the painted area of the door sills. Definitely is not an overall body paint protection. let us all go down the rabbit hole

DeepCreek

Rank IV

Advocate III

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

I believe it's just a protection wrap only in certain areas of the Broncos from getting paint chip and door dings, rather than having the factory put mine on I'm going to take it to a local shop that does wraps professionally not saying the ford cant do a good job I just trust a shop that does it on Lamborghinis Ferraris Etc.
I hear you, I’m sure a shop like yours will do an awesome job! But the Paint Protection for $350 is not the same as the Paint Protection Film (front fenders and hood I believe) on Build and Price for $295.

Reactions: Bronco liven

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

If they can’t give you a straight answer I wouldseriously look into an aftermarket PPF product such as XPel or something like that. They will provide a superior product which they can tailor to your specific needs. Research it, shop around and get the biggest bang for your buck. Compare products, educate yourself and make them earn your business. It is a very competitive market out there. Don’t let them push an inferior, over priced product on you. Usually costs them next to nothing to have done and the quality is nowhere near as good

DeepCreek

Rank IV

Advocate III

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

Ummmmm... did the dealer shed any light on this??? But we ALL know, most of the dealers, know little about our build much less... what a listed part is or isn't. Not their fault... just a crazy learning curve. That and we have A LOT of knowledge within this BN community.
He didn’t; I replied late Friday to the email he sent the “changed” Order summary in but no reply yet. It is a fairly small rural dealership, all great people to work with and very transparent. I imagine he doesn’t know why it changed and is sending the question up the chain of command.

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

He didn’t; I replied late Friday to the email he sent the “changed” Order summary in but no reply yet. It is a fairly small rural dealership, all great people to work with and very transparent. I imagine he doesn’t know why it changed and is sending the question up the chain of command.
Yes, my dealership is very small too... not making excuses for dealerships/FMC... the flow of information - both ways - up the chain and then back down is very rough. I know dealerships did "some sort" of training on this roll-out... but there are just SO MANY variables, Bronco/Bronco Sport and then all of the trims between the two... and then all of the accessories, some go to some trims, some not... perfect storm here. I've heard there's some "back end" systems that haven't help some.... I hope they get you the RIGHT ANSWER to your concern.

DeepCreek

Rank IV

Advocate III

Nov 28, 2020
McHenry, MD, USA
First Name
Klaus
Last Name
Schmidt
Member #

So the word back from my dealer on this...directly from Mike Levine no less...is that the Order Guide incorrectly named the DIO Paint Protection (A1VAB). The only paint protection is the Paint Protection Film (96B). The DIO "Paint Protection" which is now called Body Armor Protective Molding is in fact just that...plastic molding mounted by the dealer along the doors. My dealer is trying to get pictures of exactly what this looks like so I can decide whether to keep it on my order or drop it before 3/19.

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

So the word back from my dealer on this...directly from Mike Levine no less...is that the Order Guide incorrectly named the DIO Paint Protection (A1VAB). The only paint protection is the Paint Protection Film (96B). The DIO "Paint Protection" which is now called Body Armor Protective Molding is in fact just that...plastic molding mounted by the dealer along the doors. My dealer is trying to get pictures of exactly what this looks like so I can decide whether to keep it on my order or drop it before 3/19.
1615166734795.png