Super Supporter II

Aug 25, 2020
Jonesboro, AR, USA
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
BAILEY
Member #

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple tothe fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple to the fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.
Sounds great! I'm curious what vehicle characteristics make one truck better than another when going through the Gumbo mud? If you look at Rubicon or Moab, a truck that articulates well or has front and rear lockers as well as ground clearance could help with the rocks. Does ground clearance, lockers and tires make the biggest difference in the mud?

Hossamus prime

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Aug 25, 2020
Jonesboro, AR, USA
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
BAILEY
Member #

All comes down to mainly tires and clearance. If you have a heavy vehicle, thinner tall tires are best to get down something you can grip. In my 90 Bronco I had 33's that were fairly wide, and with the light weight I could "float" or "swim" across the top. Need tires that will clean out easily and not gum up.

BuzzyBud

Rank V

Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

We have seen plenty testing in the Rocky and Desert terrains. We need some in the lowland areas. Bring a couple tothe fields and swamps of Northeast Arkansas and I can be Fords guide, free of charge. They need to see some Mississippi Delta Gumbo mud! Take them out on the levees, rice fields, and out to the duck pits.
Thank you for your postings! With my mostly urban exposure, I did not understand the term "duck pit" so Google to the rescue. Now I know! Outstanding!

• Haha
Reactions: Hossamus prime

paul rondelli

Rank IV

Supporter I

May 21, 2020
Suwanee, GA, USA
This was one of the first tests they did.... even before the reveal.

Hossamus prime

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Aug 25, 2020
Jonesboro, AR, USA
First Name
BRIAN
Last Name
BAILEY
Member #

This was one of the first tests they did.... even before the reveal.

Shh, maybe they'll forget

TXArchitect

Rank IV

Supporter III

Sep 16, 2020
Cibolo, TX, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Brittain
Member #

We got a little of every type of terrain here in Texas. Missed that event in Austin last month. Hope to see the Bronco and BS soon.

tlowell01

Rank V

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

this "mud" that you speak of...what is it? Is it that substance the appears for 21 seconds between when rain hits earth and soaks into the ground or evaporates back into the atmosphere? ;)

Here in AZ, rocky/sandy/deserty/mountainous terrain is what I'm most concerned with, but I'm curious to see the Bronco's capabilities in all types of terrain.

• Haha
Reactions: TorgSurv