Rank 0

Advocate I

Jul 22, 2020
Celebration, FL, USA
First Name
Wendy
Last Name
Barnes
I just received an email that my Wildtrak will now come with the molded in color hardtop vs. the modular. The modular will be a late availability option. Apparently when I order I will have the choice to go with the molded hardtop or wait for my Bronco until the modular is available. So bummed.

*** Thanks for addressing in the FAQs on B&P. Excited to know white modular will be an option and I'll be able to get as an accessory in 22MY

Last edited:

vintage

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Received same email. Pretty bummed, I really liked the Black Hardtop with Cactus Gray body. Wondering how long late availability will be. A couple months I can live with, but 5 - 6 months might make my head explode

jmtseven

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jun 1, 2020
Watertown, NY, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Trembley
Member #

Just read my email. Are you guys thinking of getting the MIC so we don't have to wait? Will the Black top be able to be purchased at a later time?

Advocate III

May 21, 2020
Jefferson City, MO, USA
Member #

Just read my email. Are you guys thinking of getting the MIC so we don't have to wait? Will the Black top be able to be purchased at a later time?
I'm not waiting. Canceled my order. Time to leave this dumpster fire. Ford has been too busy showing us things we can't have and now they cant even provide what they told us we would have.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I'm not waiting. Canceled my order. Time to leave this dumpster fire. Ford has been too busy showing us things we can't have and now they cant even provide what they told us we would have.
While I understand it is frustrating, it is a supplier issue and not necessarily with Ford. How many months was Michigan shut down due to covid? Those months are lost and there is no way to get them back.

samanator

Rank V

Promoter II

Oct 10, 2020
Pompano Beach FL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Martin
Member #

I just had a thought though I do not know if it would work. Could the MIC roof be wrapped? They seem to get that stuff to bond to almost anything. Since it’s shrunk to the car it would possibly retain the texture, and It would probably cost less than the painted from from Ford to have done. This would allow various colors and finishes like gloss, flat or semi gloss. It’s what I’ve considered doing. I’m going to try and find a local guy to see what they say. This way if you grow tired you can just change it to something else.

dcg2

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 16, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Gray
I just had a thought though I do not know if it would work. Could the MIC roof be wrapped? They seem to get that stuff to bond to almost anything. Since it’s shrunk to the car it would possibly retain the texture, and It would probably cost less than the painted from from Ford to have done. This would allow various colors and finishes like gloss, flat or semi gloss. It’s what I’ve considered doing. I’m going to try and find a local guy to see what they say. This way if you grow tired you can just change it to something else.
I dont think this will work. It will need to be sanded and painted from everyone I've talked to. Maybe LineX Ultra would work, but unknown at this time.

vintage

Rank II

Advocate III

Jun 9, 2020
NC
First Name
David
Last Name
Lanzi
Anyone know if the $1895 will be credited at time of order. Doesn’t look like MSRP has been reduced, but I may be wrong.

Champion I

Jun 1, 2020
Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Bickle
Member #

Does anyone know how "waiting" for a "First Edition" would work? I am leaning towards waiting for my modular hardtop, but I really don't know how that works. If I could have my way, they would let me order it with the soft top and ship the modular hardtop to the dealer before Winter. I am good with that!

Reactions: Broncofly and dcg2

dcg2

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 16, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Gray
Does anyone know how "waiting" for a "First Edition" would work? I am leaning towards waiting for my modular hardtop, but I really don't know how that works. If I could have my way, they would let me order it with the soft top and ship the modular hardtop to the dealer before Winter. I am good with that!
I also would be quite happy with the option to order both, take delivery of the soft top and get the modular shipped to me or my dealer.

Broncofly

Rank V

Promoter III

Aug 6, 2020
Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Calisto
Member #

I'm wondering the same? I’m inclined to wait till the end of the year (if that’s what “Late Delivery” means) for the painted black top that I originally expected. I’m not in a hurry nor do I care to be the first one on my block with one however, paying as much for a FE, I’d expect it as originally promised......with a painted black hardtop.

i guess once we meet with the dealership to place the order, I’d expect they’ll have these answers or be able to get the answer. In the end to me at least, gives time to save more pennies for the payment.

Reactions: D190065