I may switch back to the Black Diamond (MGV Clarification)

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

Saw a thread on B6G with better pics of the MGV seats in the Black Diamond. I had nixed the BD in favor of the BB because I thought the seats were going to be too dark. Dark with vinyl didn't spell fun in the summer sun. Well from these pics it looks like the MGV seats may have a slight cloth-like texture to them. They almost look neoprene. And they aren't as overly dark as I thought they would be. They might not be that bad in the sun after all. I still need to see and feel the seats in person before making a final decision. But the BD has moved back up into contention. And I do love the blue accents in the BD interior.

Credit B6G thread

2A720A31-DC72-464B-BFE9-3FFD5A31E1E7.png

099170D0-50A4-4F6A-9768-A579FD8FBC49.png

Last edited:

BroncoMax

Rank V

Super Supporter III

Aug 8, 2020
Alva, FL, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Radcliff
Saw a thread on B6G with better pics of the MGV seats in the Black Diamond. I had nixed the BD in favor of the BB because I thought the seats were going to be too dark. Dark with vinyl didn't spell fun in the summer sun. Well from these pics it looks like the MGV seats may have a slight cloth-like texture to them. They almost look neoprene. And they aren't as overly dark as I thought they would be. They might not be that bad in the sun after all. I still need to see and feel the seats in person before making a final decision. But the BD has moved back up into contention. And I do love the blue accents in the BD interior.

Credit B6G thread

View attachment 5593

View attachment 5594
Thanx for the pics Garemlin.

Reactions: Garemlin

Bronc96

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I agree with both points:
  1. The pics appear a bit overexposed with the colors being lighter vs what we have previously seen.
  2. The MGV will not be as bad as thought with the sun (no worse than leather).
The in person reviews have been very positive with the feel being nothing like vinyl and closer to soft leather. I love the MGV and will be going with it on my Bronc! (y)

Reactions: Deano Bronc

5280Bronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
Yep, i love the BD interior. Only thing i still worry about is the whole sweat factor since it doesn't breathe. May just take our risks and get it. Color scheme is the best out of all of the interiors IMO.

Reactions: Bronc96

RynoPSU

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Yep, i love the BD interior. Only thing i still worry about is the whole sweat factor since it doesn't breathe. May just take our risks and get it. Color scheme is the best out of all of the interiors IMO.
I agree. I think the BD interior is the best looking interior. I like the blue accents. I also told myself I was never buying another car with black leather/vinyl interior after the last one I had. I am stuck between a BD or an OBX with the roast leather interior to get the 12 inch screen. I don't need the swaybar disconnect or larger wheel and tires of the BL with the big cost increase and don't care for the orange accents.

Reactions: 5280Bronco

5280Bronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
I agree. I think the BD interior is the best looking interior. I like the blue accents. I also told myself I was never buying another car with black leather/vinyl interior after the last one I had. I am stuck between a BD or an OBX with the roast leather interior to get the 12 inch screen. I don't need the swaybar disconnect or larger wheel and tires of the BL with the big cost increase and don't care for the orange accents.
What about it did you not like in the previous vehicle? What car was it?

RynoPSU

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
What about it did you not like in the previous vehicle? What car was it?
I had a BMW 328i X-Drive with black leather interior. I only live in Michigan where it's only getting in the 90's in the summer. The car and seats were stupid hot inside after sitting in the sun all day at work.

5280Bronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 5, 2020
Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Williamson
I had a BMW 328i X-Drive with black leather interior. I only live in Michigan where it's only getting in the 90's in the summer. The car and seats were stupid hot inside after sitting in the sun all day at work.
Gotcha... but you are going to get leather or vinyl again?

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

the only experience I have with vinyl car interiors was may parents 1980’s Oldsmobile station wagon, and to put it mildly, even to a kid, those were unpleasant, so was a little nervous about the MGV. However, those were put to bed by all the positive reviews from people who have seen/felt it in person.

I’m getting a Badlands so will have black which will be hot in AZ, but I’ve had tan leather in my escape since 2013. My wife had a BMW Z3 with black leather interior, and her current Mercedes C-class has red leather interior. All have been insanely hot in the summer so I’m not convinced color makes all that much difference here because it is SO hot, haha

RynoPSU

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
Gotcha... but you are going to get leather or vinyl again?
Yes. I had light tan and grey leather interiors on other cars and they weren't nearly as hot in the summer. I would like to see the MGV in person once before deciding. I got to look at some of the vehicles right after the intro but it was way before the B&P was released and I didn't know what the color options were going to be. I didn't pay any attention to the interior of the BL that was sitting there that had them. I was originally only considering an OBX but the Black Diamond keeps growing on me.

charcaltay

Rank 0

Advocate II

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
I've planned on going Base the entire time but the MGV is very appealing to me. The more positive reviews I read about it, the more I'm drawn to the BD. I'm not a person that upgrades vehicles often and I don't want to spend 30K+ and have buyers remorse.

Reactions: Bronc96

Reldn

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 17, 2020
Atlanta, MO
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dowell
Member #

Agreed. The Black Diamond definitely has my favorite interior out of all the Broncos, if the High Package was available for it I would've stuck with my reservation.