Have you submitted your order?

Have you converted your reservation to order?

• Yes.

Votes: 298 75.3%
  • No.

Votes: 98 24.7%

• Total voters

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
I was told by my dealership I could change trim from my reservation if I wanted and I could make any changes to my order up until 3/19. I removed SAS from my order this week and placed order couple weeks ago.

BBNation

Rank IV

Champion III

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I was told by my dealership I could change trim from my reservation if I wanted and I could make any changes to my order up until 3/19. I removed SAS from my order this week and placed order couple weeks ago.
I'm leaning toward adding SAS to my order after placing it a few weeks ago. Why did you decide to drop it? Just trying to gather as much info as I can before I decide one way or another.

Bronco95

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 9, 2021
Munster, IN, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Weinberg
Everything I’ve read tells me I should be able to change anything until March

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
I'm leaning toward adding SAS to my order after placing it a few weeks ago. Why did you decide to drop it? Just trying to gather as much info as I can before I decide one way or another.
I didn’t want to spend the $2k for 35s and a look. I saw the BL with 33” at KOH and said that look is good enough for me. I am not doing any extreme off reading so waste of money for me.

It was a personal decision for my needs/wants.

BBNation

Rank IV

Champion III

Aug 8, 2020
Kentucky, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

I didn’t want to spend the $2k for 35s and a look. I saw the BL with 33” at KOH and said that look is good enough for me. I am not doing any extreme off reading so waste of money for me.

It was a personal decision for my needs/wants.
Gotcha! After seeing a few ride along videos from KOH, the BL is a bad mofo!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Yup, submitted yesterday (2/11/21) and received an email confirmation from Ford. The entire process of hunting for and selecting a dealer, progressing through WBDO, all seemed to cost 5 pounds of flesh. Ford really needs to find a better way! I knew the journey to buying a Bronco was going to be a rollercoaster ride, and I was not disappointed. But at the end of the day, I wanted it at my price and built my way. It may not arrive until sometime in 2022, but I can not control that issue. Now, bring on the Bronco beer glass. Cheers!

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

So, do you guys actually see a charge or line item for fuel??

So, Hobgoblin - $1300.00 under invoice?? GOOD JOB!
Yup! Fuel charge!
It is important to read each line on the pdf shipped out from WBDO. It will only show up if the dealer selects to print BOTH invoice and MSRP. The charge is only on the invoice column. I suspect many buyers were probably paying MSRP so the dealer suppresses those figures. For those paying MSRP, the fuel charge shows zero dollars and we all know there is no free fuel!
Lesson from this activity........know your invoice cost for each and every item! When that happens, the dealer should give you a complete printout.

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

Yup! Fuel charge!
It is important to read each line on the pdf shipped out from WBDO. It will only show up if the dealer selects to print BOTH invoice and MSRP. The charge is only on the invoice column. I suspect many buyers were probably paying MSRP so the dealer suppresses those figures. For those paying MSRP, the fuel charge shows zero dollars and we all know there is no free fuel!
Lesson from this activity........know your invoice cost for each and every item! When that happens, the dealer should give you a complete printout.
Good to know, BuzzyBud... amazing everyday seems to tell a "bit" more of this Bronco journey... I DIDN'T KNOW there were TWO columns because they have ONLY ever printed the MSRP copy... I'm mean, shoot, they have to string us along with info so we stay engaged!

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Good to know, BuzzyBud... amazing everyday seems to tell a "bit" more of this Bronco journey... I DIDN'T KNOW there were TWO columns because they have ONLY ever printed the MSRP copy... I'm mean, shoot, they have to string us along with info so we stay engaged!
I really dislike buying a new vehicle since it requires a lot of preparation and extreme mental focus. These dealers are in business to make money and they are particularly good at it. Most want you to engage in face-to-face negotiations since that is where they excel. I conducted my work all via email and several dealers decided to go dark since they could not engage in their usual tactics. Ford really needs to consider a new approach, maybe regional sales centers where people are well trained, and actions are transparent via email or video conferencing. Oh well, my work is finished but what a draining experience.

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

I really dislike buying a new vehicle since it requires a lot of preparation and extreme mental focus. These dealers are in business to make money and they are particularly good at it. Most want you to engage in face-to-face negotiations since that is where they excel. I conducted my work all via email and several dealers decided to go dark since they could not engage in their usual tactics. Ford really needs to consider a new approach, maybe regional sales centers where people are well trained, and actions are transparent via email or video conferencing. Oh well, my work is finished but what a draining experience.
You bring up good points on the new approach idea. But alas, they've been making money like this for a long time - the "status quo" thing. Maybe, hopefully Ford is paying attention to how NOT to roll out a new product and maybe be more thoughtful in the future. Doubtful. The sad thing is, ALL OF THESE DEALERS - whether "above board" or the "bottom feeders".... they have us, the consumer, over a proverbial barrel on this one. If you want it, here it is... if you don't, another person will take your place in line. That will change over time... but in the near-future... we just need to keep our wits about us and charge forward and getting our key fobs!!