Have you been contacted by your dealer?

Have you been contacted by your dealer for ordering?

• Yes.

Votes: 131 55.5%
  • No.

Votes: 105 44.5%

• Total voters

GettyUp

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 16, 2020
Rancho Cucamonga CA
First Name
Rocky
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Not Yet! I have Emailed them but no response yet either! But I have been contacted by another Dealer that I talked to in September asking if I wanted to go wit them or stay with my present Dealer.

Reactions: JFord

JFord

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

I called my dealer and bugged the hell out of him. Be proactive is my advice. :p
Or a perfect opportunity to contact other dealers now that most have a little bit of first hand knowledge about what to (or not to) do.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Promoter I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

August was the last contact I had on the Bronco, basicly told me I could find info on the net, since then they have hit me with 2 cash offers for my car. This was one of the top 3 reasons I canceled. No communication at all.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I rolled into my dealer today just to find out information, see if they had an A51 sport and test drive a Ranger with the 2.3l. Well I placed my order took a $500 deposit (400+ 100 res fee) they said they have 80 allocations and I am at about 85 they did say they felt that there was a few folks that may not be able to secure financing so they put me on the list for one of those and no ADMs . The Ranger has plenty of guts I was really surprised by the power it had. I thought it was going to have turbo lag like my Cummins but it was there pretty quick. To me it felt like driving my dads 3.5 EB F150. So I don’t think the 7-speed 2.3l will be a bad combination at all.

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Communications with my dealer has been great. Moseying in Monday to convert. May be the second easiest car buying experience I ever had. Literally bought my F250 over the phone, was in and out in 30 minutes at a dealer 150 miles~ from me...

Advocate II

Oct 7, 2020
San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Miles
Last Name
Hanshaw
I have two (2) reservations - One at one dealer and one at another. The dealer closer to me is Serramonte Ford in Colma. Excellent experience so far. Very communicative, and was polished about the whole experience so far. Gauranteed me in writing that I wont pay over MSRP, and did not require any further deposit outside of the $100 from July. Told me where I sat on the 2021 allocation list (146 out of 140, but I have since moved up two spots). I expect many more to drop off.

The other dealer, Galpin in SoCal...well its been rough. Ive had to proactive reach out but they also processed something like 1200 orders in one day (Tuesday!) so not sure. Cant believe they were allocated that many but then again...yes I can. They are the largest Ford dealer.

R_Benson14

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 22, 2021
Texas, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Benson
Put in my order on Wednesday (01/20). I put in my reservation on 01/07. Big Bend, 4-door, Hard top, tow capability, carbonized grey, sas package, mid package, overhead console aux switches, signature headlamps, 2.7L, 10 spd auto. Hoping for a 22MY.

Last edited:

TK1215

Rank VI

Champion I

Jan 1, 2021
Maricopa, AZ
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Kiely
Member #

Going in to the dealer on Saturday the 30th to sit down and go over the order. I specifically told them to do nothing until I come in. I have an October reservation so I am not getting it anytime soon. Maybe the Heritage Green color will be revealed and white top before my order comes up.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Talked with my dealer yesterday about pricing and allocation. They only have 3 allocations which i would be 1 of the 3, but we couldn't agree on price. I've purchased around 8 cars from them and all on X-plan. I was hoping they could still give me the x-plan price like other dealers have done. They said they couldn't discount at all so I'll be switching to Stephen's for a MY22. Hate not using my LFD and missing out of a summer in my new Bronco, but rolling the dice on a beautiful green Bronco. It's going to be a very long year.

richtor

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
Talked with my dealer yesterday about pricing and allocation. They only have 3 allocations which i would be 1 of the 3, but we couldn't agree on price. I've purchased around 8 cars from them and all on X-plan. I was hoping they could still give me the x-plan price like other dealers have done. They said they couldn't discount at all so I'll be switching to Stephen's for a MY22. Hate not using my LFD and missing out of a summer in my new Bronco, but rolling the dice on a beautiful green Bronco. It's going to be a very long year.
Xplan on the Bronco is not available through Ford.
If Xplan is available through Ford on a vehicle the dealer will sell it to a customer at a lower price, then Ford will subsidize that lower price.

The dealers that are selling the Bronco on Xplan will not be getting any funds from Ford and are stating they will sell the Bronco at about invoice pricing. By doing this they will be getting thousands less than a normal xplan sale.
Secondly it still remains to be seen exactly how low those dealers who state they are selling for xplan actually go. There is nothing against them adding non negotiable fees on to the sales price to make this money up. If this is the case, the buyer would be forced to pay the extra fees or to not buy the Bronco.
XPlan dealer fees, undercoating fee, alarm fee, paint protection fee, wheel and tire pack fee, etc. Don't pay these fees we do not sell the Bronco. Dealers have and will do this, and there is nothing you can do to stop them.

Last edited:

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Xplan on the Bronco is not available through Ford.
If Xplan is available through Ford on a vehicle the dealer will sell it to a customer at a lower price, then Ford will subsidize that lower price.

The dealers that are selling the Bronco on Xplan will not be getting any funds from Ford and are stating they will sell the Bronco at about invoice pricing. By doing this they will be getting thousands less than a normal xplan sale.
Secondly it still remains to be seen exactly how low those dealers who state they are selling for xplan actually go. There is nothing against them adding non negotiable fees on to the sales price to make this money up. If this is the case, the buyer would be forced to pay the extra fees or to not buy the Bronco.
XPlan dealer fees, undercoating fee, alarm fee, paint protection fee, wheel and tire pack fee, etc. Don't pay these fees we do not sell the Bronco. Dealers have and will do this, and there is nothing you can do to stop them.
Yes the dealership will not lose money. They will find a way to make it up. It is the games dealerships play. I always deal with drive out price. Invoice pricing, MSRP mean nothing. What am I paying to drive home with that vehicle.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Dealer did contact me on on 1/22/21. tried to convert reservation that day but they stated system would not let them place the order with a late 21MY add of Shadow Black Hard Top. I changed my mind and went back to MIC and converted my reservation yesterday 1/26/21.

I forgot to ask my dealer their allocations, but they did say I was in the middle of the pack of people that had reservations with them. I totally figured I would get a 22MY Bronco anyways; since I placed my reservation after seeing a news article that there were 160K reservation. I then placed my reservation. If I get a 21MY it is a positive.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Dealer did contact me on on 1/22/21. tried to convert reservation that day but they stated system would not let them place the order with a late 21MY add of Shadow Black Hard Top. I changed my mind and went back to MIC and converted my reservation yesterday 1/26/21.

I forgot to ask my dealer their allocations, but they did say I was in the middle of the pack of people that had reservations with them. I totally figured I would get a 22MY Bronco anyways; since I placed my reservation after seeing a news article that there were 160K reservation. I then placed my reservation. If I get a 21MY it is a positive.
I texted the Sales Manager I have been talking to and he said they have 18 allocations but not set in stone. I believe there are 5 people ahead of me.

Reactions: Jakob1972

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I read that same article then I placed my reservation. We will see how dealer allocations and vehicle options and the number of MY22 holdouts will affect our delivery date.

Reactions: Gutter Clown

GettyUp

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 16, 2020
Rancho Cucamonga CA
First Name
Rocky
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Been Emailing Dealer back and forth for a week getting the run around. Today I finely switched dealers and order done in less than an hour. Now a road trip when it comes in but worth it.