Have you been contacted by your dealer?

Have you been contacted by your dealer for ordering?

• Yes.

Votes: 131 55.5%
  • No.

Votes: 105 44.5%

• Total voters

Ozzman469

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 16, 2021
Holland, MI, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Osborn
Member #

Put it in 8/7 but it shows 8/8 at the dealer. I'm not convinced they have the most up to date information
From what it looks, it seems to be about 24 hours off. I placed my order on 7/14 (still have the original confirmation email) and the email I received last week from Ford shows the order placed on 7/15.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Finally received my email from the dealer yesterday, however, was the same info I already had thanks to my friends at BN! (y)

I am going to schedule a time to talk through my build and ensure it is the deal we originally discussed (MSRP with no fees). If not, then I will change dealers, likely Stephens since closer than Granger. I was willing to pay a little more to stay local but not ADM. Unfortunately, I will be MY22 due to holding out for ManSquatch. :(

Reactions: PSUTE

Vigor

Rank V

Promoter III

Dec 31, 2020
Philadelphia, PA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Farrar
Member #

From what it looks, it seems to be about 24 hours off. I placed my order on 7/14 (still have the original confirmation email) and the email I received last week from Ford shows the order placed on 7/15.
It's not off by 24 hours. It uses a particular timezone (forgot which) that's non-unilateral for the world. So a late night 7/14 will be a morning 7/15

Reactions: Bronc96

GToddC5

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 14, 2020
South Jersey
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Fowler
Member #

I've contacted my dealer several times, and they never get back to me in a timely fashion. When they do, they don't address my questions or concerns in full. I'm hoping for better treatment once they wrap their heads around all this, as I'm willing to bet I know more than they do at this point. They certainly know I'm ready and willing to come in, they just haven't invited or scheduled me to do so yet. What bugs me the most is they won't answer my question on where my reservation falls on their list, so I don't even know how hopeful I can pretend to be. I have a morning 7/14 reservation, but who knows what that means at this point.

TCopp

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

I haven't received anything since I switched to my current dealer. Emailed them this morning about allocation, haven't heard back.

AK.Bronco

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 15, 2021
Ketchikan, AK, USA
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Stewart
Just heard back from my dealer, and according to them, the sasquatch package is making mine a MY22, even though I opted for the auto. I'm a bit confused by this as it's news to me, but it is what it is. I'm willing to wait. Anyone else hear of this with the auto? On the plus side, they said they are slated to get up to 74 of them, so that's awesome.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Received voicemail, email, and text message. Ford must be encouraging the dealers to book the deals ASAP. Although there is much to be said for getting
the damn thing done, I want to see how this plays out. It's my money and my reservation and they are just as good 30 days from now. I plan to read up on the prevailing experiences and fine-tune my approach. This will be an interesting time. It feels like I have the opportunity to move up to a front-row seat in the roller coaster. I better fasten my seat belt and enjoy the ride!

gvanroy

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 9, 2020
Seven Bays, WA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
VanRoy
Member #

I finally broke down and emailed my dealer yesterday. Was trying to get what their process was for ordering and his response was he was going to reach out to all their reservation holders this week. He also asked if I wanted to come in and discuss options, availability, pricing. I just sent him the BN Order Guide and my B&P info. Told him to get me a price. Last response was he'd follow-up with me on Wednesday.

Considering this must be the biggest launch in recent history for Ford, seems like their dealers are slow on the uptick. Thankfully BN and other sites have armed the community of internet savvy people with information to call out BS. From my overall understanding of the order process it comes down to 2 things:
  • Timestamp
  • March 19th
Allocations, late availability options, etc. don't seem to really matter (I could be wrong) when it comes to putting in your order. When you get your Bronco, that's where options/allocations come into play. So dealer A has 30 for allocation and 100 reservations. Doesn't matter getting your order in by noon opening day because if all 100 convert by 3/19, it goes by timestamp. The first 30 go to the people with the oldest timestamp. Now if they ordered late availability items or have the deadly six as they have been referred to, then I have no idea what happens.

Advocate III

Jul 11, 2020
Seminole, FL, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Person
Member #

Edit: Update 1-22-2021

Dealer contacted me and I stopped by today to sit down and go over my build. They put the order into the system immediately and I had an email from Ford within 2 hours confirming the order. Hoping to see my Bronco by July.

20210122_151923.jpg

I am one of the first night reservations on 7-13. I haven't heard anything from the dealer. I went with a large dealership hoping they would receive a decent allocation. I reached out today asking about allocation and where my reservation sits on their list. Hoping for more clear communication in the future.

Last edited:

grmmylpa

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 3, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Myler
Communication from my dealer has been spotty. I've initiated most of it, but he did reach out on Monday to let me know that I'm 95 on their list for ordering. I still don't think they fully understand the process because he told me that they will start taking orders from the first 50 reservation holders at their dealership this week and will then open up to the next 50 in the next few weeks and so on. They might just be organizing the orders for their dealership into this process. Either that or they are not fully understanding the fact that the timestamp determines much of the build order and it makes no difference when you order. (As long as it's by March 19).
I really like my local dealer, but it does seem like I know more about the product and ordering timeline than he does! (Only because of Bronco Nation info!!)

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Since I haven’t heard anything since the day after I placed my reservation. I am going to swing by on Friday to talk to them and get any information I can. I will use this outing to determine if I switch my reservation to another dealership or not. Hoping they have less orders since it is a large-ish dealership that is in a less populated side of town. I want to find out their allocation and where I am at in the list.

Advocate II

Dec 25, 2020
Oklahoma
First Name
Jakob
Last Name
Siler
Question,
When the order is placed does Ford go off the (Reservation number and timestamp that the reservation was made) or do they go off the timestamp that the order was placed buy the dealership? Thank you

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Question,
When the order is placed does Ford go off the (Reservation number and timestamp that the reservation was made) or do they go off the timestamp that the order was placed buy the dealership? Thank you
It goes off the reservation number and timestamp so it doesn't make any difference if you ordered today or March 19th.