Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Anyone else planning to operate their GoPro Hero Black in their Bronco? May need to update my version 5 to version 8. Really enjoyed watching the Hell's Revenge videos. Just wish they told us what kind of recording gear was used in the more information section on the YouTube video. I figure if we are going to do memorable activities with our Broncos, we should create proof of our adventures.

ExploreAZ

Rank V

Advocate III

Jul 15, 2020
Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Going to be using some kind of action camera to capture all the great footage that will be made possible by the Bronco. Maybe even load up a drone and another camera for the passenger then you have tons of great angles to splice together for a great video.

WrightOn07

Rank V

Advocate III

Aug 8, 2020
Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Elizabeth
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Going to be using some kind of action camera to capture all the great footage that will be made possible by the Bronco. Maybe even load up a drone and another camera for the passenger then you have tons of great angles to splice together for a great video.
I'm gonna strap a blow up doll to the roof and put my drone in follow me mode for pro capture footage.

Unless I can get my drone to follow the Bronco but my previous attempts to follow a vehicle has worked partially

BuzzyBud

Rank V

Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Hope to dust off my GoPro gear this weekend and track down a clamp for the picatinny rail on Amazon. Looked back on the old YouTube channel and found one of my old videos. Need to improve my skills, but you can fun with video creation. They are good for a few laughs!

Reactions: Deano Bronc and nic

TCopp

Rank V

Champion III

Jun 26, 2020
Olathe, KS, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Copple
Member #

Found the same picatinny rail clamp for the GoPro as used on the Overland Bronco. It is now on my Wish List! (If you study enough pics, you can usually find what you seek.)

Link didn't work, just see a sad face.

BuzzyBud

Rank V

Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Link didn't work, just see a sad face.
Sometimes that will happen. I just tried the link and it did work for me. If it still does not work for you, the clamp is called Rail Dogz universal gun rail mount. Looks like a good one, all metal!

BuzzyBud

Rank V

Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

I ordered the Hero 9 in preparation. It was supposed to be delivered September 23.... still I wait. But that's a whole different battle I'm fighting.
Did you get your Hero 9? That camera looks amazing! Will you be signing up for the GoPro subscription? Yesterday I loaded the GoPro App on my phone. Love how you can pair it to your camera (My Hero4) and control all the functions and settings. This approach will definitely encourage attaching the GoPro to the exterior of the Bronco and setting up the phone on the picatinny rail for remote control. Slick!

Reactions: Deano Bronc

brnc_o_vrlndr

Rank V

Promoter III

Jun 8, 2020
Allen Park, MI
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Wagoner
Member #

Did you get your Hero 9? That camera looks amazing! Will you be signing up for the GoPro subscription? Yesterday I loaded the GoPro App on my phone. Love how you can pair it to your camera (My Hero4) and control all the functions and settings. This approach will definitely encourage attaching the GoPro to the exterior of the Bronco and setting up the phone on the picatinny rail for remote control. Slick!
No, still haven’t received it. Customer service has not been very responsive either. At this point, I could order one from Amazon and have it here before I hear back from them. Crazy.

The phone connectivity is definitely a cool feature and it works well, most of the time. We use GoPros at work for various reasons and I will say the Hero4 still does the best when pairing multiple cameras to a single smart remote. Everything newer is flaky, at best.

brnc_o_vrlndr

Rank V

Promoter III

Jun 8, 2020
Allen Park, MI
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Wagoner
Member #

No, still haven’t received it. Customer service has not been very responsive either. At this point, I could order one from Amazon and have it here before I hear back from them. Crazy.

The phone connectivity is definitely a cool feature and it works well, most of the time. We use GoPros at work for various reasons and I will say the Hero4 still does the best when pairing multiple cameras to a single smart remote. Everything newer is flaky, at best.
And yes, I signed up for the subscription, but only because they were offering a much better deal on the camera if you also went for the subscription. I do like the discount on accessories they give when shopping through the subscription.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

BuzzyBud

Rank V

Supporter II

Aug 7, 2020
New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

My GoPro on the picatinny rail solution is starting to come together. Once I confirmed the functionality in the GoPro app pairing, locating both the iPhone and GoPro on the rail became an objective. Based on the photos @David provided from Super Celebration East, the Rail Dogz clamps provided the solution.

Note: If you plan to utilize the rail and seek the Dash Board USB Ports, one “A” and one “C”, you should consider the Lux Package or a stand alone option if offered.

GoPro Stuff 1.jpg

Last edited: