Going to Off-Roadeo Vermont? What else should folks do in the Green Mountain State?

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Fly into Albany NY, or even Boston. Southwest or JetBlue.
Thanks for the tip. I wasn't sure where the closest major airport was to the Off-rodeo. Midway (chicago) to Boston is pretty cheap for me. (y)
Although Albany looks a little closer but more expensive to fly into. Oh well, at least there are good options.

I would love to do this in the fall. I'll bet it is absolutely amazing.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

Anyone have an idea of what the itinerary might look like? It appears to be 1.5 days so maybe half day instruction then trail ride?

Bozman

Rank III

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Dorset, VT
Member #

Anyone have an idea of what the itinerary might look like? It appears to be 1.5 days so maybe half day instruction then trail ride?
My guess is that it will be a mix of observing, driving, instructing, driving, hands on training, driving, winching, driving, eating, drinking, sleeping, driving, and then driving/flying. :)

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

My guess is that it will be a mix of observing, driving, instructing, driving, hands on training, driving, winching, driving, eating, drinking, sleeping, driving, and then driving/flying. :)
I'm glad you didn't put the flying thing somewhere in the middle. I don't like the thought of flying while driving in the mountains. Thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: Bronc96

Level3Looper

Rank III

Advocate II

May 20, 2020
Westchester, NY, USA
First Name
Level3
Last Name
Looper
Member #

Ah, Skiing! Great thing to do. I have not had the opportunity to do that in the Northeast. What are the best places to go?
Here's a good list: https://www.snowpak.com/usa/best-ski-resorts-on-the-east-coast

In Vermont, the most popular would be Killington and Stowe. Sugarbush is my favorite with Mad River Glenn 10 minutes away. MRG has a great trail all full of moguls. Just a jump over to NY is Whiteface. It's right of the Ausable river, one of the best fly fishing rivers in the northeast.

bdawson24

Rank V

Supporter III

May 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Member #

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I am leaning toward the Vermont location as looks like some amazing 4x4 terrain with beautiful scenery. If my wife ends up going, it will be a trip she will enjoy as well. Not sure she would like Moab as much as me, lol.

That said, do we think these will be held at different times each year? We are discussing skiing as an activity but not sure I want to brave the winter up there...I am from the south! Either way should be quite an experience. :)

Reactions: Deano Bronc

bdawson24

Rank V

Supporter III

May 20, 2020
Michigan, USA
Member #

I am leaning toward the Vermont location as looks like some amazing 4x4 terrain with beautiful scenery. If my wife ends up going, it will be a trip she will enjoy as well. Not sure she would like Moab as much as me, lol.

That said, do we think these will be held at different times each year? We are discussing skiing as an activity but not sure I want to brave the winter up there...I am from the south! Either way should be quite an experience. :)
@Off-Roadeo_Madi could probably give some more info.

Reactions: Bronc96

Bozman

Rank III

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Dorset, VT
Member #

We live near Stratton and Bromley. Stratton is more upscale, and Bromley is more of a "locals" spot. Magic is also nearby.

Stowe is much further north in Vermont, but the skiing is very good. Killington is good too.

Lot's of choices!

Off-Roadeo_Madi

Rank III
Staff member

Advocate II

Aug 28, 2020
Dearborn, MI, USA
First Name
Madilyn
Last Name
Young

Stay tuned for location calendars! This should help you plan your trip with your wife.

OurBroncoLife

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 22, 2020
New York, NY, USA
www.youtube.com
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Downey
Member #

The following two pictures were taken while camping in Vermont.

I particularly enjoyed the Mount Ascutney State Park campground. You can hike to the top of Mount Ascutney where you can watch hang gliders launch off the platform in the right of the picture below. One thing which is very evident is how green the landscape is in Vermont.
View attachment 6575

The picture below was taken at Quechee State Park campground where you can hike around the Quechee Gorge. That day there were preparations for a hot air balloon festival.

View attachment 6576
Great pictures. Looks lovey!

Reactions: BuzzyBud

JRHopp

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 7, 2020
Peoria, IL, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Hopping
I’d like to hit up a couple of these. But Vermont will be first. It’s beautiful up there and not isolated like the other locations. You can hit up Maine, NH or New York in the same trip.