Rank IV

Don't delete

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
May be old news, but I just read there is another recall on the Sport? Wrong front control arms installed, "Affected vehicles may exhibit stability issues when the roof is loaded to the max...".

• Angry
Reactions: Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Rank II

Advocate III

Feb 15, 2021
Norman, OK
First Name
Lindell
Last Name
Dillon
May be old news, but I just read there is another recall on the Sport? Wrong front control arms installed, "Affected vehicles may exhibit stability issues when the roof is loaded to the max...".
Hate to hear that. I searched and found this article on CNET. They are not complimentary to Ford regarding recalls. There is a silver lining in this dark cloud-- only 106 vehicles affected. 2021 Ford Bronco Sport recalled for the second time (msn.com)

Reactions: TrailReady

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Stratus
Man I almost bought a Stratus back in 1994 but the dealership valet parked my car and wouldn’t give it back when I was ready to leave. I will never buy a car from them. Ended up buying a Camaro instead.
Edit: Nope sorry it wasn’t a Stratus it was the Avenger.

Downriver Dave

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 22, 2021
Brownstown, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Diehl
Man I almost bought a Stratus back in 1994 but the dealership valet parked my car and wouldn’t give it back when I was ready to leave. I will never buy a car from them. Ended up buying a Camaro instead.
Edit: Nope sorry it wasn’t a Stratus it was the Avenger.
Yep the Avenger replaced the Stratus, basically the same car just a different name. I still get the employee discount and will not buy another one of their products. They produce fast products but everything else about the vehicles is cheap, but thats just my opinion.

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

This about recalls and tsb's
Technical service bulletins.

The more i looked at vehicles and researched issues
The more i found EVERY manufacturer has issues.
New vehicles, less new, sorta new, little older, more older, and old.

That said, previous to these resolvable issues was already interested in research and pricing
Fords extended warranty
Premium care.

Anyone else got pricing?
For how many miles?

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

This about recalls and tsb's
Technical service bulletins.

The more i looked at vehicles and researched issues
The more i found EVERY manufacturer has issues.
New vehicles, less new, sorta new, little older, more older, and old.

That said, previous to these resolvable issues was already interested in research and pricing
Fords extended warranty
Premium care.

Anyone else got pricing?
For how many miles?
It’s been a while since I bought a brand new ford. But back in 2000 when I bought my first F250 I got an extended warranty for $1200 for 5 years and 100k miles. Now I don’t know if it was a Ford thing or a dealership thing but if at the end of the warranty if you didn’t use it you got your money back. It was nice getting a $1200 check after 5 years.

Slownstddy

Rank VI

Champion I

Oct 7, 2020
Riddleton, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

AcesandEights

Rank IV

Don't delete

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aresenio
Last Name
Beckman
Hate to hear that. I searched and found this article on CNET. They are not complimentary to Ford regarding recalls. There is a silver lining in this dark cloud-- only 106 vehicles affected. 2021 Ford Bronco Sport recalled for the second time (msn.com)
Yeah, that's the one to which I was referring. Not very many vehicles, but a big mistake. When I do risk assessments I look at the impact and the likelihood. This reminds me of a small likelihood (number of vehicles), but big impact. Bummer.

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

Researched EXTENDED warranty.
( not cuz of recalls was looking at it anyway)
This is for premium care cost
With deductable at $100.

Screenshot_2021-03-01-07-01-26-1.png
Screenshot_2021-03-01-07-01-44-1.png
Screenshot_2021-03-01-07-02-00-1.png