Rank II

Advocate III

Feb 15, 2021
Norman, OK
First Name
Lindell
Last Name
Dillon
Detroit Free Press is reporting recalls on some early production Bronco Sports for improperly attached rear suspensions and other models for air bag problems. Read at 1,666 Ford Bronco Sports recalled for suspension flaw; 154K other vehicles for air bags (msn.com)

They are aware of this problem now. I would think current production has this issue covered. If you have one built prior to Nov. 24, might have a problem. Don't know why they are waiting until April to inspect and repair these vehicles.

Last edited:

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

Screenshot_2021-02-20-08-03-51-1.png

Whats that about 12% of the original production off the line?
Not 10,000 vehicles.
Whatever it was its been identified.
Reads as if assembly needed to be tightened better.

Will say this about recalls and Technical service bulletins in general after looking at multiple different vehicles including as in this example Tacoma...
There have been troubles for some owners with 3rd generation driveline vibrations and other issues like fuel pump delivery and poor gearing in the Tacomas and they're still going on.
In some of those original 3rd gens off the line they didnt put enough differential fluid in.
That said
Hope for good quality control and not letting problems keep existing like that darn takata air bag thing thats going back years and years.

Last edited:

Downriver Dave

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 22, 2021
Brownstown, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Diehl
Have to check mine, I have been hearing a small squeak from the back end lately and was going to take it in and have it checked. My luck is that its one of the effected units, GREAT. Guess its better to know now than on our planned trip overlanding in September and something coming apart out in the wild.

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

Have to check mine, I have been hearing a small squeak from the back end lately and was going to take it in and have it checked. My luck is that its one of the effected units, GREAT. Guess its better to know now than on our planned trip overlanding in September and something coming apart out in the wild.
Sounds fun...there will be other things keeping your interest :)

Downriver Dave

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 22, 2021
Brownstown, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Diehl
Sounds fun...there will be other things keeping your interest :)
I was doing some research into the recall, the build dates are from July 2020 through November 24, 2020 and mine does fit in that time frame. I also realize something ironic, this purchase was meant to be, i found the color that I wanted on the lot, only one in my area, and while researching the recall I looked up the manufacture date for mine and it was built on my birthday last year...it was meant to be for me.

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

I was doing some research into the recall, the build dates are from July 2020 through November 24, 2020 and mine does fit in that time frame. I also realize something ironic, this purchase was meant to be, i found the color that I wanted on the lot, only one in my area, and while researching the recall I looked up the manufacture date for mine and it was built on my birthday last year...it was meant to be for me.
How about that B-day Bronco!
What color? Wheres pic's?
We need proof :D:cool:

*OWNERS Please add your mpg in the
ADD your Bronco Sport MPG

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

Wow didn't know they were building these back in July that's already been 8 months of production. Even better for my vehicle will be getting built in April.

Realize that parts are parts and hopefully the majority of those will be good over the years.
and there might be flaws in parts along the way over the years.
That said
As for assembly~
Think it happens people who are doing repetitive work on a vehicle get more accustomed to doing that job and become more proficient at it.
Learning all the details!

Is there any real evidence in that?
What do you all think?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bronclahoma

Bronclahoma

Rank II

Advocate III

Feb 15, 2021
Norman, OK
First Name
Lindell
Last Name
Dillon
Wow didn't know they were building these back in July that's already been 8 months of production. Even better for my vehicle will be getting built in April.

Realize that parts are parts and hopefully the majority of those will be good over the years.
and there might be flaws in parts along the way over the years.
That said
As for assembly~
Think it happens people who are doing repetitive work on a vehicle get more accustomed to doing that job and become more proficient at it.
Learning all the details!

Is there any real evidence in that?
What do you all think?
If you have to have a recall, this one is an easy fix. Just some some training on the line. Much better than a defective part or worse, a design flaw that affects every unit built. Does anyone have an idea about how many BS's have been built?

Reactions: TrailReady

Downriver Dave

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 22, 2021
Brownstown, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Diehl
For a momment was gonna try and do some guestimation math.
Then i thought
my guessing is probly as good as my math!
SOOO Why do math!!! LOL
If they run they VIN numbers like in the past, starting at 000001 and progressing from there, they are over 10K at the time I bought mine in early January, my VIN is 010124, which would be the 10124th unit built.

TrailReady

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 27, 2021
calif.
First Name
S
Last Name
T
Member #

If they run they VIN numbers like in the past, starting at 000001 and progressing from there, they are over 10K at the time I bought mine in early January, my VIN is 010124, which would be the 10124th unit built.
Ahhh good to know!

Kinda remember a video of f-150 comming off the line.
At an astonishing rate of 1 every 30 seconds...was some production rate seriously impressive .

Wonder with c-19 guidelines what production rate is now?
Or no factor they worked that out?

Downriver Dave

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 22, 2021
Brownstown, MI
First Name
David
Last Name
Diehl
Ahhh good to know!

Kinda remember a video of f-150 comming off the line.
At an astonishing rate of 1 every 30 seconds...was some production rate seriously impressive .

Wonder with c-19 guidelines what production rate is now?
Or no factor they worked that out?
I worked in an assembly plant years ago and we ran 1 car every 45 seconds.

Reactions: TrailReady