Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Pesto
Have a reservation for a BL. Before I purchase, does anyone know if the Bronco can be flat towed behind a motor home like the competitor? Don't see a neutral position in the Transfer case controls.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Have a reservation for a BL. Before I purchase, does anyone know if the Bronco can be flat towed behind a motor home like the competitor? Don't see a neutral position in the Transfer case controls.
Here's a good resource for flat towing.

bpesto

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 8, 2021
Orange County, CA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Pesto
Was also wondering if a towbar could be attached to the front tow hook brackets instead of having to install a towbar baseplate like most other tow-able vehicles require.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

I believe that is the case. Hopefully I will be pulling the Bronco behind a class C. I got the MT badlands so I have nothing to worry about flat towing.
Have you pulled behind a Class C before? My wife and I are considering one in the future and the thought of towing the Bronco pops up once in a while. Figured a 2D would pull a little better than a 4D.
The size difference in Class C's is quite a bit but I know the larger ones use the 7.3 gas so that should pull fine.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Have you pulled behind a Class C before? My wife and I are considering one in the future and the thought of towing the Bronco pops up once in a while. Figured a 2D would pull a little better than a 4D.
The size difference in Class C's is quite a bit but I know the larger ones use the 7.3 gas so that should pull fine.
No I haven’t pulled with a Class C but I have pulled a 30+ foot bumper pull RV behind my F250 and Suburban. So I don’t think the Bronco will be difficult to tow. I am hoping to get a class C with the 6.8l V10, bunkhouse.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

Jpinnella

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 20, 2021
Nor Cal
First Name
John
Last Name
Pinnella
Same question here. I ordered a WildTrek and wanting to know if there is a "neutral mode" to tow like the old transfer cases. Thx!!

Reactions: TK1215

CALRVpark

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 21, 2021
Coleville ca
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Tack
Just purchase a Bronco sport the smaller bronco outer banks 4x4 and in the manual book it says “ you cannot recreational tow this vehicle with all 4 tires on the ground because vehicle or transmission could be damage. I have been reading the full size bronco available in summer of 2021 will be able to be towed 4 down. Different engines.

Attachments

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Just purchase a Bronco sport the smaller bronco outer banks 4x4 and in the manual book it says “ you cannot recreational tow this vehicle with all 4 tires on the ground because vehicle or transmission could be damage. I have been reading the full size bronco available in summer of 2021 will be able to be towed 4 down. Different engines.
I believe it is a different transfer case that will allow you to flat tow the Bronco. Also you can get the big brother with a manual transmission.

Reactions: Deano Bronc