Advocate III

Nov 28, 2020
Bonita Springs, FL, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Cook
Member #

I have not seen indication that the motor will get any love on the exterior of our Bronco. Don’t know about any of you, but I’m going to be pretty proud of my 2.7L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6.

Thoughts on finding a home for a pair of aftermarket badges like these? Or maybe just one somewhere on the tailgate...

Attachments

Last edited:

AcesandEights

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Prunty
Mine will have Triton 6.8L Super Duty badges on the front fenders, 5.0 badge on the rear and a BMW S1000RR badge on the front grille/hood above the off-center RONCO (I'm going to black out the "B" on the end so it looks like a Ronco food dehydrater). It'll look sic.

Last edited:

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

The F150 Hybrid has a 7.2KW generator option that can power a entire campsite. A Bronco hybrid can easily do 3KW. That’s enough.

I’d rather add hybrid to a Bronco than to upgrade an F150 to Bronco off-road levels.

Last edited:

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

I have not seen indication that the motor will get any love on the exterior of our Bronco. Don’t know about any of you, but I’m going to be pretty proud of my 2.7L Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6.

Thoughts on finding a home for a pair of aftermarket badges like these? Or maybe just one somewhere on the tailgate...
I would make custom badges that say Broncoboost instead of Ecoboost or do something like I did on my F250 3F618F89-D2E0-4694-A407-AE994E1129BE.jpeg

GaryB2220

Rank IV

Super Supporter II

Jul 8, 2020
Wellsboro, PA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Berkheimer
Member #

Both engines are nothing to brag about maybe in that fashion. The coolest thing about the 2.7L is it's a twin turbo. Maybe a badge of two turbos would be easier to show off? Seeing a2.7l badge on a car would be like seeing a "Great Value" brands window sticker going across the windshield.
walmart-great-value-logo-11563035041gvkncylyq5.png

AcesandEights

Rank IV

Super Supporter III

Oct 22, 2020
Oregon, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Prunty
I think it's funny to read things in the Interwebs, or anywhere really, or to just watch humans. We're an interesting bunch; those that want attention, and those that don't and those that want attention by shunning it. I wouldn't think to advertise my engine, while others are excited about it, even coming up with custom ways to put it out there, while others take all of the emblems and stickers and badges off altogether. Just a bunch of different ways to float a boat I guess. I would like that Great Value one though, that one speaks to me.

Commodore

Rank VI

Don't delete

Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

I think it's funny to read things in the Interwebs, or anywhere really, or to just watch humans. We're an interesting bunch; those that want attention, and those that don't and those that want attention by shunning it. I wouldn't think to advertise my engine, while others are excited about it, even coming up with custom ways to put it out there, while others take all of the emblems and stickers and badges off altogether. Just a bunch of different ways to float a boat I guess. I would like that Great Value one though, that one speaks to me.
Well OK...
I really liked your Ronco idea...

Reactions: Jakob1972

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

Blasphemy!
Well if the Powerstroke would have lived more than 200k miles it would still say powerstoke on the side but now it has the motor that should have been in it to begin with.

Also there are lots of Fords with Cummins they just happen to be medium duty or school buses.

Bronco5.0

Rank VI

Champion I

May 29, 2020
USA
Member #

Both engines are nothing to brag about maybe in that fashion. The coolest thing about the 2.7L is it's a twin turbo. Maybe a badge of two turbos would be easier to show off? Seeing a2.7l badge on a car would be like seeing a "Great Value" brands window sticker going across the windshield.
View attachment 5984
here ya go twin turbos....