Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 12, 2020
Marietta, Ga
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Lack
Mine is 7/13 22:52. At my original dealer I would most likely be 22MY due to how many orders he has. Or so he told me. New dealership (due to issues with the dealership), has me #2 in line and expects a fast delivery. Of course I have 3 deadly order sins.
I believe your first dealer was full of xxxxx.

Reactions: Commodore and PSUTE

richtor

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
I believe your first dealer was full of xxxxx.
Not at all. Many dealers got 10-20 reservations the first 3 hours. With Ford limiting allocation to 25/30% a number of people are stuck with 22my.
Ex: 20 reservations first 3 hours and 40 reservations total. Ford gives said dealer 10 allocations and now you have 10 orders that the first night that won’t get 21my.

Reactions: Commodore

richtor

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
Also people still have the ability to switch dealers. If you have an allocation for 21my and now your dealer excepts a transfer it could push a loyal costumer to 22my if the new reservation has an earlier time stamp.

Because if this my dealer is not accepting any new/switching to their dealer to protect his original orders.

richtor

Rank II

Advocate III

Jan 17, 2021
Sonoma County, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Munson
My Ford account just states In-Store order. Should it look like yours?
My reservation was within the dealers 2021 allocations. Flipped reservation to an order picked my options and the order went to unscheduled/clean. That’s when I got the email.

Have you officially ordered your Bronco with your options yet?

jedmisten

Rank IV

Champion III

Nov 5, 2020
Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Edmisten
Member #

My reservation was within the dealers 2021 allocations. Flipped reservation to an order picked my options and the order went to unscheduled/clean. That’s when I got the email.

Yes, I went in on Wednesday and ordered. I am not sure if it went from unscheduled to clean. My dealer informed me that I was part of the 2021 dealer allocations.

jedmisten

Rank IV

Champion III

Nov 5, 2020
Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Edmisten
Member #

Sweet. Check with your dealer. It’s Unscheduled and clean.

Ca dealer? Are they asking for any markup?
Unscheduled and clean? Does that mean it hasn't been placed? Yes, CA. No markup.

Pazzo

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jan 8, 2021
Arizona, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Matiacio
Member #

My Ford account just states In-Store order. Should it look like yours?
The screen shot is from the email confirmation not the web site. On ford.com mine shows In-store order also, but the email confirmation is like the screen shot.

Attachments

jedmisten

Rank IV

Champion III

Nov 5, 2020
Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Edmisten
Member #

The screen shot is from the email confirmation not the web site. On ford.com mine shows In-store order also, but the email confirmation is like the screen shot.
I didn't get an email confirmation yet. I will reach out to my dealer and see what he says.

grmmylpa

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 3, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Myler
Mine is 7/13 22:52. At my original dealer I would most likely be 22MY due to how many orders he has. Or so he told me. New dealership (due to issues with the dealership), has me #2 in line and expects a fast delivery. Of course I have 3 deadly order sins.
I had the exact same experience. I have a 7/14 6:56AM timestamp. My original dealer had me slated at #95. For a variety of reasons I contacted other local dealers to see what their pricing policy and allocation was for 2021. The only dealer that even had the courtesy to respond gave me the information and told me that I am #14. This dealer is about as large as my original dealer is, so they should have similar allocation #'s. I was told that at #95, I would be pushed to a 2022 unless there were quite a few cancellations. At #14, I think my odds are pretty good to get a 2021.
I guess the lesson learned is to shop your reservation around. It made a huge difference for me and while the new dealer is about 25-30 mins from my house instead of 10 mins, it's worth it.
(The added bonus is that this new dealer has been far more responsive than my previous dealer. I got tired of unanswered emails and calls. I've gotten multiple emails and a phone call to schedule my ordering appointment. Amazing how different the customer service has been with this new dealer!)

jedmisten

Rank IV

Champion III

Nov 5, 2020
Orange, CA, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Edmisten
Member #

It means the order has been processed, it is currently unscheduled and clean means there are no delays. Approximately.

What dealer if you don’t mind?
I don’t want to leave you hanging, but I am not sure if they are offering that to everyone. We are down south from you. I am not trying to be an ass or anything.

grmmylpa

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 3, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Myler
Not at all. Many dealers got 10-20 reservations the first 3 hours. With Ford limiting allocation to 25/30% a number of people are stuck with 22my.
Ex: 20 reservations first 3 hours and 40 reservations total. Ford gives said dealer 10 allocations and now you have 10 orders that the first night that won’t get 21my.
You're right on top of it! Exactly correct. You can have a very low timestamp, but if your dealer is only getting 50 2021's and you just happen to be 51, you're out of their 2021 allocation. The timestamp doesn't matter if this is the case.
This is why shopping other dealers in the area is a good idea. It's possible that a less prominent dealer in your area could actually be a better bet for getting a 2021 than the larger dealers. That's because more people tended to link their reservation with the larger dealers. As I posted earlier, my original dealer had me at #95 in their allocation and told me most likely a 2022. Moving it to a slightly smaller dealer in the area got me to #14 and well within their 2021 allocation.
My timestamp is 7/14 at 6:56AM

Guelde96

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 17, 2021
Illinois
First Name
Tricia
Last Name
Guelde
I had the exact same experience. I have a 7/14 6:56AM timestamp. My original dealer had me slated at #95. For a variety of reasons I contacted other local dealers to see what their pricing policy and allocation was for 2021. The only dealer that even had the courtesy to respond gave me the information and told me that I am #14. This dealer is about as large as my original dealer is, so they should have similar allocation #'s. I was told that at #95, I would be pushed to a 2022 unless there were quite a few cancellations. At #14, I think my odds are pretty good to get a 2021.
I guess the lesson learned is to shop your reservation around. It made a huge difference for me and while the new dealer is about 25-30 mins from my house instead of 10 mins, it's worth it.
(The added bonus is that this new dealer has been far more responsive than my previous dealer. I got tired of unanswered emails and calls. I've gotten multiple emails and a phone call to schedule my ordering appointment. Amazing how different the customer service has been with this new dealer!)
How did you switch your dealer?

grmmylpa

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 3, 2021
Pittsburgh PA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Myler
How did you switch your dealer?
You would need to call the Ford Customer Service #. They'll do it. You might have to give your new dealer a deposit. The $100 deposit goes to the dealer. When I moved mine they refunded the 100 from the original dealer, but it didn't transfer to the new dealer so I have no deposit with them but the reservation is still active. It would be up to the new dealer
Good luck!

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
Great article by BN Order Banks Open 21MY production runs from June -December 21CY. 22CY starts in December 21CY.

I also read this somewhere but cannot find where now. The 21MY Production run is estimated to be 90K units. I thought I read it here in BN but cannot find the article now.