Deposit Survey

Additional Deposit when Ordering - Pick deposit and when they want it.

• Total voters

lonzo71

Rank V

Promoter III

Feb 20, 2021
Virginia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Damba
Member #

Sheehy Ford Springfield $1k. Also informed me that the production aren't installing the accessories even though the options are on build and price. Surprisingly, was told by the end of May when mine will be next.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

88to21bronco

Rank IV

Champion III

Feb 12, 2021
Viola, TN, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Russell Barnett Ford in Tullahoma, TN. So far no deposit (they told me on the front end maybe $500...I wonder if they may ask for it when the order is pushed through in March).

No markup that I am aware of. I suppose they could spring it on me last minute, though they would have a fight on their hands if they did. They have been responsive and honest with me.

DrGuiria

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 23, 2021
Arkansas, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
McMullin
No deposit required for Riser Harness Ford in Searcy, AR. They offered $500 credit of dealer installed accessories upon delivery as well. #3 on the que. Will get build schedule and projected delivery in May from Ford.

DwayneLord

Rank III

Champion III

Feb 24, 2021
Colorado/Maryland/Florida
First Name
Dwayne
Last Name
Lord
Member #

Hertrich Ford of Pocomoke (Maryland) text me and asked for 10% down (would be around $6K) !!!! I text back the results of this survey, they have not responded. I refuse to give them that much unless they want to pay 10% return on holding my cash. I'll move the order elsewhere first...

Update : They lowered it to $1,000 but non refundable.

Last edited:

e480sanchez

Rank 0

Advocate I

Mar 1, 2021
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Enrico
Last Name
Sanchez
I originally was told $1,000 non-refundable deposit at Rodeo Ford in Arizona. After seeing some replies I am switching over to Earnhardt Ford. Some post say no extra deposit there, but they might have changed it later in the game. $500 refundable deposit. The guy was nice and knew his stuff. Selling at MSRP, no dealership add-ons that are not requested. Probably won't get it until 2022 but still pumped! Outer Banks with hard top and Sasquatch.

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Hertrich Ford of Pocomoke (Maryland) text me and asked for 10% down (would be around $6K) !!!! I text back the results of this survey, they have not responded. I refuse to give them that much unless they want to pay 10% return on holding my cash. I'll move the order elsewhere first...

Update : They lowered it to $1,000 but non refundable.
Don't buy their bullshit. It is refundable by law in Maryland. Find another dealer, unless you like dealing with crooks...

LagoCJ

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jul 13, 2020
Lago Vista, TX, USA
First Name
CJ
Last Name
Frost
Member #

There should be absolutely no reason for a deposit on a vehicle as desirable as a Bronco. It doesn't matter what trim/color/options, if someone chooses not to pick up their Bronco, the dealership won't be sitting on something unsellable. If you are getting jacked around by a dealership for either the total price, or a deposit, move on to another dealership. You have a reservation which means Ford is going to sell you a Bronco and the dealership is NOT in the power position....don't let them try to make you believe that you need them...it's quite the opposite.

Stop putting up with auto dealership bullying...it is a buyer's market, in general, and with a Bronco reservation, you make the rules.

Padams7

Rank III

Advocate II

Jul 22, 2020
Brooksville, FL 34601, USA
First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I changed dealerships during the “waiting period” and got my deposit back.

I placed my order with the new dealer and there was never any mention of additional deposit, but I did bring a bank check for a significant deposit and got a receipt for it.

I’m buying a new car. If it’s not the Bronco I ordered (who am I kidding, I’m buying that bad boy), it’ll be something else!

Advocate II

Dec 18, 2020
Canyon Lake, TX, USA
First Name
VICKI
Last Name
SMITH
Bluebonnet Ford - New Braunfels, Texas
Paid $1000 non-refundable deposit
#42 out of 106 allocations
MSRP price, nothing over
Reservation date 7-14, order date 3/11/21
Should get in 2021, 4 Door Wildtrak
Awesome customer service!

Originally was at Griffith Ford in San Marcos, they were charging $5000 over MSRP & customer service was lacking!

Last edited: