Deposit Survey

Additional Deposit when Ordering - Pick deposit and when they want it.

• Total voters

tracythemighty

Rank II

Advocate III

Jul 15, 2020
Cincinnati, OH, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
D
I have had my deal locked in for months....
Hmm...seems to me if they are changing it by charging more money, you could change it. I thought you could anyway as long as you did so before placing the actual order, but I could be wrong. I ordered, and I am getting it at msrp, but since ordering, I have seen other posts of people getting it cheaper. It's possible that I could switch, but I don't know since mine is an order now, so I guess I will just keep it. It's difficult to make all of these decisions when none of us has even test driven one yet. I can't wait until someone gets behind the wheel so we can get some more details.

Reactions: dvazana

drtabick

Rank 0
Jan 25, 2021
Brooklyn, NY, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Tabick
Member #

Ordered a Badlands with manual transmission and high package. Dealership asked for a $5000 refundable deposit up to May. Once Bronco moves to production phase the deposit is non refundable and goes towards purchase price. Premier Ford NY

Chaos

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 9, 2021
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Wiersema
I had one dealer tell me $2500 deposit, I laughed, they came down to $500. When I've reserved a Mercedes build it was $1000 deposit. Other dealers in the area, no deposit. They all seem to be selling msrp, at least most in the area.
Some dealers have allotments in the hundreds, others have allotment is less than 20. The real question is what gets built first following the first editions....

Reactions: Deano Bronc

dvazana

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jan 23, 2021
Encino, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Vazana
Galpin Ford (Los Angeles) asked me (and everyone else in my email - looks like he emailed 14 people including me, no bcc or anything so advanced) for a $1000 refundable deposit along with my order. I dutifully complied!

Nellman

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 5, 2021
Quincy, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Nelles
Member #

I was asked for $1000 deposit. I am not sure why there is so much push back on a deposit. It is not like they are taking the money from you, it goes towards your vehicle. I agree with certain amounts being ridiculous. Over $2000 seems excessive IMO. Maybe more for something like a Ford GT500 where it is more expensive and limited when actually produced.

IBleve

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 27, 2020
Farragut, TN, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Hill
Member #

When the dust settles, would be very interesting to slice and dice the statistics to see if additional deposits drove conversions ( the intended purpose) or drove reservation transfers

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Jacksonville, NC didn’t require a deposit. Fully customized my Wildtrak. They said the $100 reservation fee was all that’s required. They told me my order is in but Ford Is pushing them March 15th can any one explain this to me?

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Jacksonville, NC didn’t require a deposit. Fully customized my Wildtrak. They said the $100 reservation fee was all that’s required. They told me my order is in but Ford Is pushing them March 15th can any one explain this to me?
Not sure about the March 15th date. March 19th is supposed to be the last day you can put in an order with current reservations. Then Ford will start figuring out their production schedule and you should know an approximate build date for your Bronco sometime in May.

Georgedroukas

Rank IV

Advocate III

Feb 8, 2021
Maysville, NC, USA
BCScumbags.bigcartel.com
First Name
George
Last Name
Moundroukas
Member #

Not sure about the March 15th date. March 19th is supposed to be the last day you can put in an order with current reservations. Then Ford will start figuring out their production schedule and you should know an approximate build date for your Bronco sometime in May.
Thank you! They said they have 50-53 allocations and they told me I’m one of the top 50. I placed my reservation in the first 24 hours it went live. Fingers crossed hoping to get it mid summer to fall time frame!

charliechan

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 16, 2021
Georgia
First Name
Chandra
Last Name
Powell
My dealer, Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw, GA, asked for $900 + $100 reservation fee for a total of $1,000 for me to order my Bronco. They say it’s refundable. I guess I don’t understand why each dealership is allowed to make its own set of rules for ordering. I made a SUPER late reservation, I’m talking November 2020. So I won’t get my Bronco until 2022 for sure. That’s a long time for that money to be sitting with a dealership. My husband is a little iffy about it all.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

My dealer, Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw, GA, asked for $900 + $100 reservation fee for a total of $1,000 for me to order my Bronco. They say it’s refundable. I guess I don’t understand why each dealership is allowed to make its own set of rules for ordering. I made a SUPER late reservation, I’m talking November 2020. So I won’t get my Bronco until 2022 for sure. That’s a long time for that money to be sitting with a dealership. My husband is a little iffy about it all.
Yeah, I really don't understand a high down payment if it is refundable. Since it is refundable, its not like it keeps you from cancelling your order or not taking possession of the Bronco when it arrives. I guess they figure they need it more than you.

Reactions: charliechan

KennyMac

Rank IV

Supporter II

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
I suspect some may be dealer policies on custom order vehicles. Think if someone ordered a F150 with an off the wall goofy set of options, and the dealer jumped through their tail to make it happen, then said customer realized it was a bad idea and didn't buy and the dealer is stuck with a weird ugly color combo or something they can't sell. It's a way to make sure the customer is serious about the order before its placed, so they just have a blanket order policy. I think some dealers just realize the Bronco won't be hard to sell if the order isn't picked up, so they aren't worried about holding an extra deposit. Honestly, I was surprised I didn't have to put up any more for deposit, I fully expected to pay $1k ish

Reactions: charliechan

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

George Coleman Ford in Greenville, SC. MSRP, no fees with $900 down (not sure if refundable...didn't ask, lol). OK with the MSRP as keeps me local and the team there has been great, very responsive and easy to work with.

I have an appointment this week to put my order in. Either BaseManSquatch, BD ManSquatch or BL manual with Mid in Velocity Blue. I am down to the wire on this decision...might be a last minute call, lol. (y)

Sharky

Rank 0

Advocate I

Jan 27, 2021
Columbia, SC, USA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Luther
$100 deposit for reservation, $1000 deposit order all non refundable , Classic Ford Columbia, SC, I have excellent credit, what the heck!