Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 20, 2021
Rescue, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Tamplin
Did anyone else have their dealer try to add a dealer premium to their final price? My salesperson called me AFTER I paid my deposit and tried to finagle a dealer premium of $2,195 to my order. After the Fact! I laughed at him and he downplayed it and said no problem, they didn’t want to lose me as a customer over $2,195. WTF??!

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

We are going to see more and more dealer games as time goes on. Good thing there are some transparent dealers out there. Especially ones selling Broncos for below invoice. Personally in an instance like this I would have told them to get bent just for even suggesting it. I'd pull my deposit, which IMO no dealer should be requiring, and start searching for a new one.

Jakob1972

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 17, 2020
1030 Park Rd 31, Spring Branch, TX, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jakob
Member #

$ 2200 stunt like that would cost them a customer for life. There are dealerships here that I will never buy from. One of them pulled the old bait and switch on me back in the 80’s I will not go to any dealership with that name. Another dealership told me I would never find a used suburban for less than the GMC they had even after I told them I wanted the Chevy cause I hated the GMC headlights kept telling me they are the same thing. Won’t ever go back there. And we bought our first suburban from them. There are others too, play games and you will lose me fore ever. I’m a pretty easy sale I do my homework I know what I want and if you are a straight shooter I’ll buy.