Dealer switch after current dealer submitted order without consent.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Hey guys,

Has anyone had any success with the process to switch dealers after its been converted to an order? I am creeping up on 3 weeks now since I submitted my claim with ford and still nothing has been changed. Hoping i'm not the only one...
Hey Alex,
Although I have not yet encountered your issue, I hope you get your reservation resolved. Seem New England dealers are plagued with both poor Bronco specific WEBDO knowledge and no interest in deals. I am continuing to struggle while dealing with the double whammy. So, if it helps you are not the only one struggling in New England! Now, where is my Bronco beer glass?!

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva
Hey Alex,
Although I have not yet encountered your issue, I hope you get your reservation resolved. Seem New England dealers are plagued with both poor Bronco specific WEBDO knowledge and no interest in deals. I am continuing to struggle while dealing with the double whammy. So, if it helps you are not the only one struggling in New England! Now, where is my Bronco beer glass?!
Well that does make me feel a little better haha. I'm glad i finally found a dealership that has been great as far as pricing and communication(Bowens Garage- CT ). Everyone else was either unwilling to make a deal or went completely silent when it came time to order.

Just starting to get nervous as we start to get closer to the march cutoff.

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

Well that does make me feel a little better haha. I'm glad i finally found a dealership that has been great as far as pricing and communication(Bowens Garage- CT ). Everyone else was either unwilling to make a deal or went completely silent when it came time to order.

Just starting to get nervous as we start to get closer to the march cutoff.
So this what I found regarding to your type of issue. So you called the number below?

"Ford Statement Regarding Order Conversions Without Customer Consent

We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy."

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva
So this what I found regarding to your type of issue. So you called the number below?

"Ford Statement Regarding Order Conversions Without Customer Consent

We're aware of a small number of Bronco reservations mistakenly converted to orders by a small number of dealers. Reservation holders must provide consent to convert to an order, and we encourage all customers to have a discussion with their dealer on the terms of the sale before placing an order. If the customer is unable to resolve their concerns directly with their dealer, they can call the Ford Customer Relationship Center at 1-800-334-4375 to change their order back to a reservation and maintain their timestamp, change their selected dealer to a new dealer, or both. We also are reminding our dealers of this policy."
Yeap! I've spoke with them a few times now and they haven't been able to give me a timeline.. Though i was told initially 1-2 weeks.

ziggy

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 2, 2020
Staten Island, NY, USA
First Name
frank
Last Name
signorelli
Member #

I really hate to say this ! And I'm sure that there are good dealers out there but not mine ........ he got me over a barrel ..... if I break his chops he does less to help me and if I don't keep on him about my order he does even less then nothing ! They are gonna take my money and he don't have to work for it ! and he knows it. and if I cancel he's got my order that he can sell for more ! And I'm out a real cool vehicle..........

sorry all ! I'm venting, frustrated, and there is nothing I can do! ill call the 800 number and try to get some answers !

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

I really hate to say this ! And I'm sure that there are good dealers out there but not mine ........ he got me over a barrel ..... if I break his chops he does less to help me and if I don't keep on him about my order he does even less then nothing ! They are gonna take my money and he don't have to work for it ! and he knows it. and if I cancel he's got my order that he can sell for more ! And I'm out a real cool vehicle..........

sorry all ! I'm venting, frustrated, and there is nothing I can do! ill call the 800 number and try to get some answers !
Ziggy, don't give up or give in to a boneheaded dealership. Transfer your order to another dealer? Not an optimum solution - but a solution. Call the Ford Customer Relationship number... elevate your call to supervisor and explain what's transpired. Sadly, (and a huge time suck) document, document, document... But I also get the wisdom too of just walking away... Dealerships (certainly NOT all dealerships) KNOW they can push the envelope - they have what we want. What goes around... comes around.

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva

it really is a shame that there are dealers souring this experience for us. We have all waited so long for this release just to be hit with road blocks from crappy dealerships.

Nellman

Rank III

Advocate II

Jan 5, 2021
Quincy, CA, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Nelles
Member #

Have you guys found a dealer to switch to? If so, talk to the desired dealer about this and see what they can do to help. May also go with one of the dealers doing a lot of these orders and see if they have a better idea.

I switched mine because of the dealer but prior to conversion. My original dealer wanted $5k ADM without any idea of what was actually happening with the Bronco and no communication other then got your reservation and starting conversions with $5k ADM, just send us your B&P for the build.

Best of luck and I feel the pain.

PSUTE

Rank V

Don't delete

Oct 2, 2020
Negro Mountain
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Johnson
Have you guys found a dealer to switch to? If so, talk to the desired dealer about this and see what they can do to help. May also go with one of the dealers doing a lot of these orders and see if they have a better idea.

I switched mine because of the dealer but prior to conversion. My original dealer wanted $5k ADM without any idea of what was actually happening with the Bronco and no communication other then got your reservation and starting conversions with $5k ADM, just send us your B&P for the build.

Best of luck and I feel the pain.
Damn, I'd have run too...

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin

If you cancel the order it will cancel in their system as well and they cannot order the unit. It is tied to a reservation/Name. Do not Cancel!

As others have mentioned call the 800 number and work with them change order back to reservation and move that to a different dealership. Be careful though you may move to a dealership that has all allocations spoken for and pushes you to a 22MY.

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva
If you cancel the order it will cancel in their system as well and they cannot order the unit. It is tied to a reservation/Name. Do not Cancel!

As others have mentioned call the 800 number and work with them change order back to reservation and move that to a different dealership. Be careful though you may move to a dealership that has all allocations spoken for and pushes you to a 22MY.
I thought Ford was going to recalculate the allocations again once the order banks close. I’m hoping to still have a shot at a 21 cause of my early res and the only feature working against me would be that it’s a 2 door.

Gutter Clown

Rank IV

Don't delete

Jan 22, 2021
Indiana
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Austin
I thought Ford was going to recalculate the allocations again once the order banks close. I’m hoping to still have a shot at a 21 cause of my early res and the only feature working against me would be that it’s a 2 door.
That is true but no one know by how much or by what criteria.

All I was trying to say was you are taking a chance. Ford also doesn't want all their allocations going to just a few dealerships (my assumption no facts to back it up).

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva
Called Ford again yesterday because I was reading that I may need to make a new reservation and then have them merge timestamps. But I was told that wasn’t possible by the person I spoke to. Has anyone tried this??

Reactions: Commodore

RAVNLYF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jan 28, 2021
Prescott Valley Business Park, Dewey, Prescott Valley, AZ, USA
First Name
Russ
Last Name
xxxxx
Member #

I would protest and insist that you use your original date timestamp. My dealership had an "order" for me in the system... NO WHERE NEAR WHAT I'D WANTED - a 2-DR vs. 4-DR, color... I laughed at the dealer's DORA (order sheet)AND kept it for my files. My sales person is my dealership's General Manager - he was able to have something done or adjusted on the backend that corrected THEIR issue. Operative word "their". As I've insisted on many other threads here... document EVERYTHING, do not leave anything to a causal conversation. Ideally, either email or having another person have knowledge of the conversations. You will lose that battle everyday. (Having worked in the U.S. State Dept. in embassy security - the need for contemporaneous notes were critical) CYA. I know it sounds excessive or like overkill - but you don't want to spend MONTHS waiting, investing time and energy and a VW Baja Bug show up as your "new wheels". lol

Redspringer

Rank 0

Advocate I

Feb 20, 2021
SW Texas
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Hiebert
Called Ford again yesterday because I was reading that I may need to make a new reservation and then have them merge timestamps. But I was told that wasn’t possible by the person I spoke to. Has anyone tried this??
Yes, had the exact situation happen to me from the local dealer - they converted my reservation without my consent, didn't even contact me at all and then gave me the runaround when I called them several times to correct the situation. They would not talk price or anything (crazy, right? since the price sheet has been out for a while) and then finally one of them admitted that they want the Bronco and that yes, there would definitely be a mark up. Called Ford Customer Care, made a new online reservation with my new dealer of choice, called Ford Customer Care back and gave them my new reservation number. They are going to manually update my new reservation with the earlier time stamp from my first reservation. Not sure when the change will happen (they said that they would contact me when it does), but they did say that it will be good by the 3/19 deadline. What a mess...

Advocate II

Dec 23, 2020
Northeast
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Silva
Yes, had the exact situation happen to me from the local dealer - they converted my reservation without my consent, didn't even contact me at all and then gave me the runaround when I called them several times to correct the situation. They would not talk price or anything (crazy, right? since the price sheet has been out for a while) and then finally one of them admitted that they want the Bronco and that yes, there would definitely be a mark up. Called Ford Customer Care, made a new online reservation with my new dealer of choice, called Ford Customer Care back and gave them my new reservation number. They are going to manually update my new reservation with the earlier time stamp from my first reservation. Not sure when the change will happen (they said that they would contact me when it does), but they did say that it will be good by the 3/19 deadline. What a mess...
I’m going to call again on Monday and try to do the reservation merge process