Jul 6, 2020
Lacey, Washington, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

60194648_2667960153219767_1808861721939410944_o.jpg
A couple of the Bronco IIs I've owned. Wish I kept the blue one. Lots of memories with my kids out wheelin' with me.

Attachments

Reactions: Deano Bronc

bronquito

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 10, 2020
Port Isabel, Texas, USA
First Name
rocky
Last Name
poovey
They look pretty similar, 86’s? They look capable. Looks like some good wheelin areas. Washington? Nice shots and nice bronco’s. How long ago did you get rid of them?

Dubya TF

Rank V

Supporter II

Jul 6, 2020
Lacey, Washington, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

The blue one is an 86 and went everywhere $45k Rubicons went on Oahu. The gray one was a 87 set for daily and trails in Washington. The blue one got sold in 2007 right before I went to Iraq and the gray one went a few years ago when my youngest son only cared about video games; now he regrets it. Lol

bronquito

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 10, 2020
Port Isabel, Texas, USA
First Name
rocky
Last Name
poovey
Wow, that’s some history, love that going where the high dollar rigs go with a bad ass efficient rig, thanks for your service. I was a swabby, discharged in 75.

Reactions: Dubya TF

bronquito

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 10, 2020
Port Isabel, Texas, USA
First Name
rocky
Last Name
poovey
update on the "Clunk". I swapped the original open differential back in in place of the Detroit Eaton Trutrac, to verify whether the clunk was related to the diff. or not. It was not the diff. , still clunks, my latest theory is that the slip yoke at the transfer case could be binding due to the angle after 4" lift and not slipping when in a certain position, causing it to bind and clunk when it finally slips. I'm ordering a custom multi double cardan front drive shaft from Tom Woods, this has a double cardan at both ends. I have high hopes that this will fix the issue, if this does not do it? I'll keep looking.

bronquito

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 10, 2020
Port Isabel, Texas, USA
First Name
rocky
Last Name
poovey
thanks, where in south texas, I live in port Isabel. just saw a red and grey one on the street here in Brownsville too.

bronquito

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jul 10, 2020
Port Isabel, Texas, USA
First Name
rocky
Last Name
poovey
Break thru! My electric shift motor was not shifting properly into 4low. I removed the motor, selected 4low, and checked location of shifter. It was located a few degrees to the right of the marked location for 4 low on transfer case. I removed the shift motor and went to my dirt test area and shifted transfer case to 4low on T case with pliers. I drove around in 4low to simulate when I was hearing the clunk and no clunk. I went back Saturday morning and tested for nearly an hour, no clunk. I don’t know the details of what goes on inside the T case but apparently it was not firmly shifting into gear and allowed the T case to jump when under load. I ordered a Behemoth drivetrain electric to manual shift conversion with floor shifter. After I install the shifter and have it operating properly I will re-install the trutrac LS front differential and have the set up I’ve been trying to get for almost a year.