Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

So I saw a video posted on Facebook of a Big Bend and OBX traveling down the highway. As the Big Bend went by the person taking the video you could see that the taillights were LED. You could see the tell tale flicker that LEDs have when recorded on video. This might confirm my theory that you get LED taillights when you get BLIS like other Ford vehicles.

I tried to save the video to post here but you can't do that on FB.

JFord

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

So do LED taillights come with BLIS, or the mid package?
The mid package description is at the bottom of page two of the link below. Doesn’t talk about lights. The problem is that there is no real description of LED tail lights except the description under the Outer Banks on page two that says the vehicle gets the mid package and then says the model gets signature LED head and tail lights. The Outer Banks and models above get the horizontal light in the headlights. I haven’t seen anything that says any of the lower models will get anything other than LED tail lights, but there is a possibility of a different tail light being available. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/suvs-crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

So do LED taillights come with BLIS, or the mid package?
BLIS on other Ford vehicles comes with LED taillights. It is part of the BLIS option. With the fact that this was a Big Bend with LED taillights it's a reasonable assumption that this one had BLIS and that BLIS comes with LED taillights just like other Ford vehicles. Unless this was one that had the signature lighting option and with that you get LED taillights. We will know more when B&P goes live.

Supporter III

Jun 1, 2020
Alaska, USA
BLIS on other Ford vehicles comes with LED taillights. It is part of the BLIS option. With the fact that this was a Big Bend with LED taillights it's a reasonable assumption that this one had BLIS and that BLIS comes with LED taillights just like other Ford vehicles. Unless this was one that had the signature lighting option and with that you get LED taillights. We will know more when B&P goes live.
Okay so that's a cool bit of info... so if you want the leds but don't want BLIS for whatever reason, you can also get it with the signature lighting. Sweet.

I think BLIS is a cool feature but I just personally don't like my car constantly beeping at me over every little thing.

Supporter III

Jun 1, 2020
Alaska, USA
The mid package description is at the bottom of page two of the link below. Doesn’t talk about lights. The problem is that there is no real description of LED tail lights except the description under the Outer Banks on page two that says the vehicle gets the mid package and then says the model gets signature LED head and tail lights. The Outer Banks and models above get the horizontal light in the headlights. I haven’t seen anything that says any of the lower models will get anything other than LED tail lights, but there is a possibility of a different tail light being available. https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/content/dam/brand_ford/en_us/brand/suvs-crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
I guess worse case scenario... you could also just buy the led taillights yourself. The aftermarket might have some cool options as well!

FATHORSE

Rank 0

Advocate I

Oct 16, 2020
OKC
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Real
On the Q&A that was one Instagram or twitter? they replied it was a packaged deal with the LED option with the headlights. So sounds like you just have to get the signature lighting by that response to get the led taillights.