Rank II

Advocate III

Oct 24, 2020
Sioux Falls, SD, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Fowler
So we haven't seen much of the Base Bronco. Here's one in Rapid Red without the Sasquatch package. Interestingly, this 2-Door Base has a painted hard top installed and that hardtop is missing the rear side windows. While I like the steelies, the smaller tires are less to my liking. What do y'all think‽

Back to the Bronco Nation Photo Library

View attachment 9227View attachment 9228View attachment 9229View attachment 9230View attachment 9231View attachment 9232View attachment 9233View attachment 9234View attachment 9235View attachment 9236
This is exactly what I ordered. New tires will be definitely going on mine. Thank you for posting. The pictures are great!

Reactions: BuzzyBud

Carolina Jim

Rank 0

Advocate II

Jun 7, 2020
Highlands, NC, USA
Hm. What are we thinking of the comparison here?
My order is 2-door BD in Iconic...in large part because of the blue interior accents. But thinking of changing to the Rapid Red.

I know the grab handles are interchangeable...but it seems the tops of the grab handles have the same color as the dash, Dark Space Grey in BD. Do any of the Black grab handles from other trims carry the dark space grey tops???

Last edited:

Deepshag

Rank V

Supporter III

Jul 13, 2020
Campbell, CA, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Hughes
I did not clearly read if this is a Black Shadow modular top. I think it is because the rear windows are out. Is that correct?

Reactions: David

KennyMac

Rank III

Supporter I

Dec 7, 2020
Alabama, USA
First Name
Kenneth
Last Name
MacAllister
Boggles the mind why they would even put 30" tires on there. Who's going off road with those? And they are only all season. Why push the off road capabilities of a vehicle and then slap on some street tires that look like they belong on an economy car.
Yeah, those are just some rollers to get it to your house. Everyone, including Ford, fully expects you to change those tires out just as soon as you can. Those were not designed to stay.

Garemlin

Rank VI

Champion III

May 20, 2020
Clayton, Delaware, DE, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Walt
Member #

The base is set up for customization. It's a BYOT (bring your own tire) vehicle.
Fully get that the base is a blank slate for someone wanting to do their own thing. But when you tout the offroad capabilities of a vehicle, showing it taking on all kinds of environmental obstacles, at least make even the base model have the ability to do at least some fun off road stuff out of the box.

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion II

Jul 13, 2020
Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Fully get that the base is a blank slate for someone wanting to do their own thing. But when you tout the offroad capabilities of a vehicle, showing it taking on all kinds of environmental obstacles, at least make even the base model have the ability to do at least some fun off road stuff out of the box.
I think it will still handle quite a bit. Those tires look tiny compared to the other models, but they are actually about one inch taller and about 3/4 inch wider than the stock size tires on my 91 full size Bronco (235/75R15).

Soupcook

Rank V

Champion II

Jan 14, 2021
Auburndale, FL, USA
First Name
Walter
Last Name
Lynch
Member #

Boggles the mind why they would even put 30" tires on there. Who's going off road with those? And they are only all season. Why push the off road capabilities of a vehicle and then slap on some street tires that look like they belong on an economy car.
If you want to build a ride to your specific needs, you will save a lot of money. Buying the vehicle with larger tires and then replacing them is a waste of money...been there and done that with a Jeep.

Reactions: Speed Devil

BigHoof

Rank 0

Advocate II

Feb 8, 2021
Western PA
First Name
James
Last Name
Lentz
Wow, that’s a throw back, I took my driving test in a “new” ‘75 Pinto. :oops:
LOL, mine was taken in a new '76. Was the sporty version in bright Orange. Didn't have the nasty hubcaps, they were more like the Mustang Magnum style rims. For the time, it was a good car that got great MPG. We had 2 and no issues whatsoever. Sure was much better to have a hatch for hauling than an ugly plastic wood sticker clad station wagon.