Jul 24, 2020
Van Wyck, SC
www.microbolics.com
First Name
Rory
Last Name
Blake
Member #

I know rust is awful hard to repair and it’s better to start with a nice body. But if they are bringing big bucks these days, I want to know what else to avoid. Thanks

tzuercher

Rank IV

Advocate III

Apr 1, 2020
Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Zuercher
Member #

Make sure the rear window goes up and smoothly with both the switch inside and the key in the tailgate. The '88-only hubs/rotor assembly isn't as desirable as the other years. I'd stick with a fuel-injected model. Double check all the bushings in the front end - lots of opportunities for clunks and weird handling characteristics if they're worn out.

BroncoMom

Rank 0

Advocate II

Nov 24, 2020
Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jennifer
Last Name
Moore
Make sure the rear window goes up and smoothly with both the switch inside and the key in the tailgate. The '88-only hubs/rotor assembly isn't as desirable as the other years. I'd stick with a fuel-injected model. Double check all the bushings in the front end - lots of opportunities for clunks and weird handling characteristics if they're worn out.
Is the rear window motor difficult to replace?

Reactions: Commodore

Bronco Method

Rank 0

Advocate II

Oct 27, 2020
Reedley, CA, USA
First Name
PJ
Last Name
Method
Replacing the rear motor is a bit of a job but if you are mechanical it is not bad. I had to access mine with the window up and climbed in the back. Usually the motor is ok it is gear cog mechanism that goes out. There are some great Utube videos.

Reactions: Commodore