Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Like many potential Bronco owners, I plan to purchase the 2.7L engine. I expect the engine compartment to be tight based on the pictures I have seen. Ideally, I would be seeking an aftermarket ARB air compressor. Although many owners of other vehicles end up installing them in the engine compartment, I may be going the route of an under seat install and saving any engine compartment space for a potential axillary battery. A buddy installed his ARB using the TeraFlex mount kit on his Jeep. Over time I expect TeraFlex to develop a Bronco kit and video taking into consideration any special adaptions to accommodate the under-seat heat vent. See reference links below.

Apples491

Rank III

Promoter III

Aug 7, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
McIntosh
You could always mount it under the truck somewhere. They're designed to be weatherproof so submerging it shouldn't be an issue as long as you run the intake hose up to a higher point. There's also the underfloor storage area in the back.

BuzzyBud

Rank VI

Champion I

Aug 7, 2020
Atkinson, New Hampshire, USA
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Parlee
Member #

Wonder how much room there will be under the seat with the power seat option? Agree, need a vehicle in the driveway to make some of these decisions.
The buddy who installed his under the passenger seat had to use spacers to raise the seat up. "Where there is a will there is a way."

TurkeyRun

Rank V

Supporter I

Aug 5, 2020
Manteca, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Collins
Member #

Like many potential Bronco owners, I plan to purchase the 2.7L engine. I expect the engine compartment to be tight based on the pictures I have seen. Ideally, I would be seeking an aftermarket ARB air compressor. Although many owners of other vehicles end up installing them in the engine compartment, I may be going the route of an under seat install and saving any engine compartment space for a potential axillary battery. A buddy installed his ARB using the TeraFlex mount kit on his Jeep. Over time I expect TeraFlex to develop a Bronco kit and video taking into consideration any special adaptions to accommodate the under-seat heat vent. See reference links below.

I like this

I used a PowerTank in my '68. Some of the guys I bashed around with would get AC compressors but then, that was in the Gen 1 Broncos. Lot's of room, options, and hacking goin on in them circles.

Bronc96

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 11, 2020
Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Henderson
Member #

I would love to see Ford include this and an aux battery in one of the builds to give ideas. I would also agree is a likely accessory available in the list of "200 AM options" .

Reactions: Bronco5.0

Apples491

Rank III

Promoter III

Aug 7, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
McIntosh
I think they'll be offering the ARB single compressor from Ford Performance. It comes in a case, so I'm not sure if there'll be an install option.
That's a standard ARB kit. It's nice, but it still requires you to have it sitting in the back, pull it out and connect it to the battery when you want to use it. I got spoiled with my on-board air. Pull up at the end of the trail, flip a switch and fill my tires. I often had a tire filled before other people with me had their compressors hooked up.

I'm hoping they have an under hood dual ARB compressor and mount, DIO.

Buckin'

Rank II

Super Supporter II

Jun 13, 2020
Wilmington, NC, USA
That's a standard ARB kit. It's nice, but it still requires you to have it sitting in the back, pull it out and connect it to the battery when you want to use it. I got spoiled with my on-board air. Pull up at the end of the trail, flip a switch and fill my tires. I often had a tire filled before other people with me had their compressors hooked up.

I realize all that. I'm just saying that is most likely what they're offering: portable air, not on-board. That would be really great if they did offer on-board air. But I doubt they will.

Apples491

Rank III

Promoter III

Aug 7, 2020
Colorado, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
McIntosh
I realize all that. I'm just saying that is most likely what they're offering: portable air, not on-board. That would be really great if they did offer on-board air. But I doubt they will.
I'll hold out hope that both are an option. But if they don't, it'll happen anyway. Ford just won't make any money on the deal.

Mdemieville

Rank IV

Advocate III

Jul 14, 2020
Manteca, CA, USA
First Name
mark
Last Name
Demieville
Member #

I plan on getting the dual compressor and a small tank. Figure the tank will go under the bronco, but I want the compressor mounted up higher on the firewall.

TorgSurv

Rank VI

Champion I

Jul 13, 2020
Vista, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Torgersen
Member #

Great ideas. I definitely need something like this. I used one of those little cheap ones that plug into the 9V power port to air up after the SuperCel West, and it took me over an hour.

Reactions: Bronc96