Feb 26, 2020
Dearborn, MI, USA
First Name
Allan
Last Name
Dunlap
Member #

Here it is!

Ford announced on Friday that they are testing 37-inch tires on the performance derivative of Bronco. Early testing shots obtained exclusively by Bronco Nation show the 4-door 2021 Ford Bronco riding on what appear to be BFGoodrich KO2 All-Terrain tires. Additionally, a wider track and wider fender flares seem to be on this vehicle to keep center of gravity low despite the increased ride height.

In4low

Rank III

Champion III

Aug 6, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Esteban
Last Name
Jennings
Here it is!

Ford announced on Friday that they are testing 37-inch tires on the performance derivative of Bronco. Early testing shots obtained exclusively by Bronco Nation show the 4-door 2021 Ford Bronco riding on what appear to be BFGoodrich KO2 All-Terrain tires. Additionally, a wider track and wider fender flares seem to be on this vehicle to keep center of gravity low despite the increased ride height.

Talk about meats.

JFord

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

I feel like the performance bronco will be awesome. I feel like 38” is about as big as you can go without looking like you’re trying to build a monster truck.

What’s the possibility of a two door version of the performance Bronco?

guzie

Rank IV

Supporter I

Jul 25, 2020
Grand Rapids mi
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Guzniczak
Member #

I feel like the performance bronco will be awesome. I feel like 38” is about as big as you can go without looking like you’re trying to build a monster truck.

I think it will only be the 4dr version. The 4dr is more stable for higher speed off road running with the longer wheelbase on the normal bronco. Adding even larger tires like the 37” setup along with more width makes the instability even worse in a 2dr. You don’t want a condition where your width is close the your length and be close to square dimensionally.

Reactions: Deano Bronc

lowmpg

Rank IV

Supporter I

Aug 3, 2020
Stevensville, MD, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

If they are throwing 37's on it, it will come on both vehicles.

JFord

Rank V

Supporter III

Aug 18, 2020
California, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Ford
Member #

Here it is!

@allan, do you have any insight into HP ratings Ford thinks they will need to turn the larger tires (Powertrain options) as well as a more firm estimate on availability dates? If this Bronco could be available in 2022 and will have a better HP rating, it might be worth the wait. Oh yeah, could there be a two door version in the shadows?

LoneRanger

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Williston, FL, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Incognito
Member #

@allan, do you have any insight into HP ratings Ford thinks they will need to turn the larger tires (Powertrain options) as well as a more firm estimate on availability dates? If this Bronco could be available in 2022 and will have a better HP rating, it might be worth the wait. Oh yeah, could there be a two door version in the shadows?
less to do with HP and more to do with gears (axle, or transmission).

L.R.