Champion II

May 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

So I have a few questions for the class! How many of you have to have a 2021 model year vs a 2022? How many of you will wait Bc it’s not like we haven’t waited since 96?! Also how many of you are going to call your dealership tomorrow and see how many broncos they got for 2021 allocated to them so you know if you are in the first class of new broncos or not? Please let me know

Tataman

Rank 0

Advocate II

Sep 5, 2020
Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Preece
So I have a few questions for the class! How many of you have to have a 2021 model year vs a 2022? How many of you will wait Bc it’s not like we haven’t waited since 96?! Also how many of you are going to call your dealership tomorrow and see how many broncos they got for 2021 allocated to them so you know if you are in the first class of new broncos or not? Please let me know
The cryptic bronco allocation formula. I have talked to a few different dealers in my area and they are closely guarding the amount of reservations at their dealership. They either avoid the question or say that they don’t know. I am skeptical that they don’t know - they are in the car business after all. Inquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Bronc96

Deano Bronc

Rank VI

Don't delete

May 20, 2020
Winona Lake, IN, USA
First Name
Dean
Last Name
Smeltzer
Member #

The cryptic bronco allocation formula. I have talked to a few different dealers in my area and they are closely guarding the amount of reservations at their dealership. They either avoid the question or say that they don’t know. I am skeptical that they don’t know - they are in the car business after all. Inquiring minds want to know.
I wouldn't doubt at all that dealership didn't know because this is the first time Ford has used this particular formula for allocations. From what I understand, Ford had a meeting with dealers today and received some of their allocation number info so they should have a pretty good estimate what their allocation numbers look like.

Reactions: Bronc96

Jham

Rank IV

Champion II

May 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

Yea so they just found out today what they are getting for 21 model year. It’s about 1/3 Of their total reservations. So my father-in-law’s dealership has 200 reservations and was allowed 37 for 21 model year build

tlowell01

Rank VI

Don't delete

Aug 22, 2020
Tempe, AZ, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Lowell
Member #

I wouldn't doubt at all that dealership didn't know because this is the first time Ford has used this particular formula for allocations. From what I understand, Ford had a meeting with dealers today and received some of their allocation number info so they should have a pretty good estimate what their allocation numbers look like.
Correct MY21 allocations were pushed out to dealers today, so they should know. Now how they choose to share that with customers, I suppose that's up to each dealer...

Reldn

Rank V

Promoter III

Jul 17, 2020
Atlanta, MO
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Dowell
Member #

I would greatly prefer a '22 model, to be quite honest. I haven't talked to my dealership yet regarding their allocations, but, from my last conversation with them they were sitting at around 25 reservations...Of which I am pretty much dead last in line. I may stop in this weekend and see if I can get anymore information from them.

CCDetroit

Rank IV

Champion III

Dec 17, 2020
Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Carly
Last Name
Cummings
Member #

So it looks like all FEs will be MY21. No option to push to MY22. So do FE res holders get first dibs on allocations? If that's the case it's important to find out how many FE reservations a dealer has. Since they have to be 21s. That can leave your dealer with little or none available. But MY22 is looking like the best bet anyway.

Jham

Rank IV

Champion II

May 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Hamilton
Member #

They knew as of 4 o’clock today

Rhiostatic

Rank II

Advocate III

Dec 21, 2020
Phoenixville, PA
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Johnson
honestly, I figure I will be a MY22 person just due to the fact that I placed my res in DEC. however, I just care that the color I chose stays and I dont get the well that was only for the MY21 people that you didnt make the cut for because only 1/3 of people will get that, sorry better luck next time. I will be upset then. until then I will be fine and hope for the best.

Reactions: Bronc96 and Jham

RynoPSU

Rank IV

Supporter II

Sep 17, 2020
Novi, MI, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Craig
I made my reservation in September. When I made it they already had the disclaimer/warning up that your vehicle may not be delivered until 2022. At this point I'm assuming I'll get a MY22 and any order I place now is just a placeholder I'll be redoing it when they decide it's after the MY21/MY22 cutoff. I can wait. More time to build up down payment.